Customer changed price on order

Claudia M

Back in September I had a customer place an order for a photo frame for the price of 16.00 not including shipping.  Today that same customer purchased 3 photo frames showing a price of 12.99 each.  That's not the price of each item.  Price is 15.99 each.  How she was able to change the price, I don't know.  I don't have any coupons and I don't give discounts.  Any ideas?

Thanks, Claudia

On that product's admin screens, the Pricing tab, please check if there is any Quantity pricing structure. Be sure to check to see if this product has any different pricing for members of a "Group". (The "Group" drop-down selector is seen immediately below the Pricing page title. It defaults to 'Retail Pricing'.)

Is this customer a member of a Group?

Please determine if you wish for this customer to still be a member of the group(s).

If so, you will need to go through each group in the drop-down and change the pricing for that group. (Unfortunately, the Bulk Price Change feature in admin (probably) does not affect pricing in the groups.)

Yes I want her to still be a member of the group.  I want the retail pricing used for each group (I thought that's how it was).  How do I do this?  Not to be pushy but I need to get this done tonight.  I'm going in for knee replacement surgery in the morning.

Thanks.

When editing a product, the Pricing tab, when you select a group's name from the group drop-down selector, the prices displayed will get updated for that group.

Change the prices and click Save & Reload. Choose another name from the group drop-down selector.

Repeat.

You will have to go through each product. (Unfortunately, the Bulk Price Change feature in admin (probably) does not affect pricing in the groups.)

If my theory is correct, the question is: how many products have changed their prices after any of the groups were created?

Deleting the actual group should (logically) delete all the corresponding pricing structures for that group across all products, and delete all the corresponding customers from that group. I say 'logically', but I haven't verified that.

I think a quicker solution is to use an external database utility and delete all the rows in CubeCart_pricing_group (then clear cache). I'm fairly confident CubeCart won't throw a hissy-fit if there are no records to be found in that table when determining the price to offer to the customer. (I will do an experiment. -- Seems to work without problems.)

Archived