Is it possible to add a video to the product images being shown?

NickyF

Hi,

Is it possible to add a small video to the product images section so the product we have listed for sale has a selection of pictures and also a video. We sell products that we are currently taking several pictures to show what it looks like in on all sides but if we could take a small rotating video and add it to the pictures showing on the product then that would be even better.

Nick.

CCV6

Edited by NickyF
forgot to add what CC version it was for

There was a plugin that allowed for embedding a youtube link into the product's description. (I think that was from SemperFi.)

Are you wanting to stream the video from your own site, or from a streaming-as-a-service site (Youtube, Vimeo, etc)?

For a project I did for CC3, I used FlowPlayer (at that time, they had a free, branded, stand-alone module). Worked out well.

CC6 uses HTML5, which has a <video> tag that simplifies a lot.

So, I think it is possible to incorporate a video into the collection of a product's gallery of images.

Edited by bsmither

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of the office.

I want to hold the small video files on our own site and just have the option for the customer to choose the small video from the list in the produce gallery, just under the main product itself.   So i will select the star as the main picture image and just like to tick a video like i do various product pictures added to the product.

Could you advise how i can add this video to the product pictures section?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 5:44 PM, bsmither said:

I'm working on a solution. Lots of aspects to work out on how to implement this.

We would be very interested in this as well. Right now I have patterns for sale on my own website (CubeCart) and also on Etsy, where we can place video's. Listings with videos sell much better than listings without.

Upload the mp4 file to your public_html folder via ftp, or cubecart file manager/downloads

Then add a hyperlink in the description, to the location of your mp4 file.

I just did the same but to this mp4 file on the web.

https://nnyagdev.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/sample-mp4-file.mp4?_=1

Edited by keat

I guess only CubeCart templates can be used with CubeCart? I've never thought of using anything but the default / free skins, my needs are basic.

I know there are templates out there which enable vids to be embedded with various controls e.g. playback speed. To do that, you'll need style sheets as auxiliary pages to install into your website. I mean, when you buy the website template, it will be a bundle of different elements which must all be put into various folders for the template to work. I actually did it on my own website. Can't remember how hehe. But the point is: that would indicate that you can't just throw any template at CubeCart. So you'll need to tweak an existing template if no CubeCart video templates exist.

tl;dr: I'd be interested in this too, as l'd like to create quick vids showcasing my own manufactured products, stock video footage set to my own music. I'd like a one-size fits all solution that l can use on any cart's template, not just CubeCart.

On 12/11/2021 at 11:44 AM, harrisorganic said:

Would you like to show us how you  embed the video?

The way I do it for now is... Post the video on youtube, then choose:

1. share
  2. embed
  3. copy 

Then move over to your product page description

1. press source (upper left)
  2. scroll down where you want the video
  3. paste 
  4. press save
  5. enjoy

Example https://vleesvoordier.nl/webshop/riverwood-snacks (done in the category for example)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This is not possible with the theme itself. You can certainly create a video and insert it in your product description, but this will be a static section of the product page.

There is an app that allows you to add videos to product images, which also includes a zoom feature. You can find it here: https://apps.shopify.com/video-reviews-by-revysuite