Extension 'Per Category'

dosplatanus

I added the shipping extension 'Per Category'. It seemed to install ok but it picked up the shipping method text at checkout but does not pick up the shipping amount for that category. Cache was correctly cleared at all stages of installation and I tried reinstalling but same result, text for shipping method appears but 0.00 as the shipping amount, although shipping value for the category was correctly entered and shows as such under shipping tab in admin. Does anyone know of a fix for this or a similar extension that works?

Thanks for reply. There is no currency symbol required at input just the digits. The only digits that appear at checkout are 0.00 irrespective of the amount actually entered under the shipping tab in admin. For instance enter 3.00 for all shipping within the category and this is not picked up at checkout although the text as to method of delivery is. I have attached a screenshot. I have tried all combinations of digits  within the extension but same result.SnapCrab_NoName_2021-11-18_13-38-0_No-00.thumb.png.283531f42b831d58d8473b6a4878b4fe.png

Please confirm that this product has, as its primary category, the subject category for which you have 3.00 entered on the category's Shipping tab.

For the Per Category module's settings, are there any countries entered on the General tab, and/or countries entered on the Allowed Zones or Disabled Zones tabs?

Then, because CubeCart has already collected the calculated shipping rates, please empty the shopping basket and then re-add that product to the basket. This should re-collect the re-calculated shipping rates.

Thanks again for the reply which I appreciate. Attached are the screenshots of my settings which answer all the questions above and all are in the affirmative. The first three are extension set up and the other two the category settings in  'Books' category under shipping tab. I have tried reducing the amount of text ie Royal Mail instead of Royal Mail First Class in case the text was overlong and was affecting the space in the script for the digit box. I have now tried most options I can think of and am running out of ideas. As I am transferring product from a previous site if I am unable to get this to work I shall need to consider another shopping cart which would be a shame as I like the Cube Cart layout.

SnapCrab_NoName_2021-11-22_15-36-21_No-00.png

SnapCrab_NoName_2021-11-22_15-37-25_No-00.png

SnapCrab_NoName_2021-11-22_15-38-36_No-00.png

SnapCrab_NoName_2021-11-22_15-40-23_No-00.png

SnapCrab_NoName_2021-11-22_15-41-7_No-00.png

Interesting, that the Per category would offer a rate that would otherwise cause it to be ineligible - in my opinion, I'll have to check the code.

Try using GB instead of UK on the module settings screen. Again, I will check the programming code to find out if that (to use GB) is a restriction.

Thanks. I have already tried using 'GB' instead of 'UK' but it makes no difference, same result. That was also my thought, there seems to be a code 'hook' missing/corrupted in the php code that would transfer the category shipping digits to the checkout. If I knew what it was I could access the file on ftp and insert/alter code.

In admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, enable Debug mode. Also, enter your local IP address (www.showmyip.com) in the adjacent text entry field.

When you next request a page from CubeCart, at the bottom, there will be a grey debug section. In the SESSION: section, there will be a '__basket' array. In that array, there will be an element named 'By_Category_Shipping'.

What is the numeric value associated with that element?

Depending if it has a value, or if it is zero, we eliminate a good amount of code that may be causing the problem.

Thanks for the advice which is helpful. I have now done as you said and below is the only reference I can find to shipping in the 'Session' section. It is showing the 'Click and Drop' Royal Mail extension which I have never installed. Perhaps this is over-riding the extension I installed. I am understanding less and less.

'name' => Royal Mail - Click & Drop
'image' => master.png
'price' => <strike class="price">&pound;100.00</strike> &pound;59.00

To be candid I have no idea what it is telling me. Well above my coding pay grade!
I have copied the whole of the debug report.
I have attached the full debug report as pdf file. It may be useful.

Debug Output 1.pdf

Part 2 of Debug Report. Too large to be sent as one file.

Debug Output 2.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

"In the SESSION: section, there will be a '__basket' array. In that array, there will be an element named 'By_Category_Shipping'."

If there is no '__basket' array in the SESSION: block, then perhaps when viewing this page, there was not as yet a product in the basket?

Archived