Replacing customer email address in "Your Purchased Downloads" email

Robin Somes

Site: piscesconservation.com/cube
CC 6.4.4 / AllInOneShipping 10.0.22 / Facebook 1.0.1 / PayPal Commerce Platform 1.4.11 / PayPal Standard Gateway 1.0.8 (disabled) / ProductAddons 1.0.12 / SagePay 1.0.11

When I re-send the "Your Purchase Downloads" email from the shop (Dashboard: Reporting: Email Log), I would like to be able to edit the To: address, but it appears I cannot.

Customer makes a purchase of a digital item and gives his email address as [email protected]. Doesn't receive either the "Your Purchased Downloads" or "Order Confirmation" emails, most likely because of an over-zealous spam filter somewhere. He emails me to complain that he's still waiting for the software he bought, and suggests I email the link to [email protected] instead.

Now, I can change his email address in his billing details (Dashboard: Orders: {ORDER NO.}: Billing: Contact Details). However, that makes no difference to the address used in resending previous emails. Nor does it appear to be possible to edit anything other than the email content in Dashboard: Documents: Email Contents & Templates: Your Purchased Downloads.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Many thanks,

Robin

The solution I came up with will take some editing to the core code and admin template.

Allow me to ask: is this a 'guest' customer? If a regular customer, they have these download links in their customer profile, Downloads page.

Please try this edit.

It adds a text entry field to the Email Log table whereby the admin can enter an email address (or comma-separated list of addresses, or leave blank for original address), check a box for resending, select "Resend" from the "With Selected" chooser below the Log listing, and a 'Go' button to start the resend process.

I suggest you read through the instructions completely before making the edits.

These edits will not survive an upgrade.

New Email Address for Resend.txt

On 11/24/2021 at 5:19 PM, bsmither said:

Please try this edit.

It adds a text entry field to the Email Log table whereby the admin can enter an email address (or comma-separated list of addresses, or leave blank for original address), check a box for resending, select "Resend" from the "With Selected" chooser below the Log listing, and a 'Go' button to start the resend process.I suggest you read through the instructions completely before making the edits.

These edits will not survive an upgrade.

Many thanks. I've just tried the edits, and going to the Email Log page just produced a blank page. Off work sick at the moment, so it's likely I've done something wrong; restored the original files for the moment, and I'll try again later when feeling better.

Thanks again, sure it's just my muddled head that's the problem right now :)

Archived