Options pricing now incorrect

Ropes

My options pricing is now incorrect after an upgrade to 6.4.4. One of my options is a deposit payable of $150 however when it shows in checkout it shows as $40.09 plus tax plus handling - total of only $55. Has PAypal Commerce anything to do with this? I am now needing to remove all options until I resolve this...

options price not correct.JPG

Interesting. A 'Full Price" option shows as $962.73 at checkout. But the Shopping Cart flyover (above the Search bar) shows the correct amount.

So I doubt this has anything to do with how CubeCart calculates how options affect prices. Maybe it does.

Do you have any plugin or code snippet installed that would affect the price (actual or displayed) in any way?

Does AUD require that prices shown include the tax being paid as part of that price? That is, does $1059 include the 10% tax, such that:

$962.72 + (10% of $962.72) = $1059

Need to figure out the $150 to $40.09 problem, though.

What version of CubeCart did you upgrade from?

Thanks for the reply

Upgraded from maybe 6.1.15 rings a bell

The only addins are Paypal Commerce ... which has ONLY just started to show the Payin4 banners!

They did not show for many days and possibly the options issue has now also just surfaced ... Could it have anything to do with this??

Shipping: by price, print order form and bank deposit

Thanks   Peter

I really cannot fathom how PayPal (or any payment gateway) would get involved when one is just viewing the basket (index.php?_a=basket).

I am reviewing this issue in the Github:

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/2566

But the major conundrum is where the Shopping Basket flyover shows correct, but the View Basket page shows wrong.

I playing with maths to figure out the relationship between $150 and $40.09. (Please verify about the inclusion of tax in displayed prices.)

AUD retail normally includes GST in the displayed price to customers and they are "unaware" of the amount included.

CC does not allow us to show the invoice/checkout as such and displays TAX separately (unfortunately) as some customer think they are being charged GST on top of the item page price as in retail in Aus, customers are not "exposed" to GST. I do recall some topics asking for a review of CC for Australian markets

I have, this morning removed most options from (200?) products until resolved. Many items over $150 had a deposit option or additional accessories available!

Thanks

Here are some maths:

1059 = 962.73 x 1.10:GST

909 = 826.36 x 1.10:GST
 909 = 730.09 x 1.24
Diff:   96.27

150 = 136.36 x 1.10:GST
 150 =  40.09 x 3.74
Diff:   96.27

96.27 is the GST of the Full Price.

So, I see that GST of the full price is being subtracted out of the Absolute Price of the selected option.

A definite bug - somewhere.

I wonder what would happen (as regards AUD) if you set the product's options as:

Deposit: Negative 909 Not Absolute
Balance: Negative 150 Not Absolute

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

Does AUD require that prices shown include the tax being paid as part of that price? That is, does $1059 include the 10% tax, such that:

$962.72 + (10% of $962.72) = $1059

Yes, correct

12 minutes ago, bsmither said:

I wonder what would happen (as regards AUD) if you set the product's options as:

Deposit: Negative 909 Not Absolute
Balance: Negative 150 Not Absolute

Not good!

option answer.JPG

UPDATE UPDATE  OK. so I went into Tax Rules, unchecked the SUBTOTAL BOX and now it shows the correct value, shows it with NO mention of GST (which will suit my retail customers but not my trade ones) ... Not sure this box was here before ... NO idea what it means! Anyone know??

HOWEVER, the Sales Report now show Sales Tax as $0 on sales. Not a great issue, just need to calculate 1/11 manually

Thanks BSMITHER for your assistance.... as you thought, it has something to do with the Sales Tax...

Now to put all my item options back!

options tax rules.JPG

So... sounds like a bug ... with tax rules>subtotal selected, the full gst value of the full priced item is deducted from the value of any reduced value option for the product then displayed in Shopping Cart, eg take a deposit of $150 for an item valued at $1000 incl 10% GST (GST value is $90.90) it takes $90.90 from the $150 and passes this to the checkout page!! ($59.10)

Thanks for the help bsmither in narrowing down the issue

Archived