localhost

citabriabob

Doing a new install of 6.4.4 into a sub-domain and I get this message with daatabase host blanked out: Double and triple-checked databse, user etc. What now?

The following errors were detected:

• Incorrect database host, username, and/or password. Access denied for user 'aac-Robert'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

•  

Please verify that the database user (as configured in the database server) allows 'aac-Robert' to access it at 'localhost'. A database server user can be limited to 'localhost', '127.0.0.1', coming from a specific IP address, using some other authentication method, any method whatsoever ('*'), any one or more of these methods.

So, if CubeCart wants to use 'localhost', but the server sees for 'aac-Robert' access only by '127.0.0.1', that user will be denied.

In a subdomain -- so other CubeCarts in sibling folders can access that same database?

Verified that database user has all privileges to the database. Don't see where .... BUT some dumb fool entered the username with a dash rather than an underscore!

Problem solved - sorry for the false issue.

Thanks for the assistance,

New issue: did a "new install" of 6.4.4 into a new sub-domain and finally everything worked using the original 6.2.2 database. Except my categories, products and logo do not show up. Checked the database and they are there. Is there a database update that needs to run? Or how do I connect the new store with the contents of the database?

I see there is a change that happened in CC623 that added a 'live_from' column to CubeCart_inventory, and if CubeCart does not know how to handle that missing column, then I can postulate (aka, wild guess) that products won't be found "live" to show.

So, if that's the case, then if no products, and if CubeCart is set to not show empty categories, then no categories.

The store's configuration settings are saved in the database.

So, if sharing a database between two stores, that means also sharing the Store Settings. Logos (and the location of the images) are part of that.

Are you using a copy of the CC622 database, or actually sharing the database?

I guess I misunderstood "inventory". We don't use the stocking options. Still the categories and products do not show up.

As to the database update scripts, does that mean I have to download each of the intervening versions, run the SQL script each time? Is there a shortcut to this?

Archived