Setup for Australia with GST

Ropes

Almost have it... we Australians have been trying to tailor Cubecart to fit with the Australian Tax Rules when it come to invoices showing ABN, Tax Invoice, GST shown correctly as "Total including GST", showing product prices in store (including GST) and not adding it to the product price on checkout.

Check the image of my Invoice format

Downside 1... Cubecart insisted on showing Sales Tax as $0 on the invoice... Fix? changed line to read  "Packaging" ! Happy to always show as $0

Downside 2... Sales Tax shows as $0 in Monthly Sales Reports.. not a real problem, just manually work out 1/11th is GST

What would be nice is a 1 line code to add under the Grand Total Including GST  line, the words "This invoice includes GST of $xx.xx"  This would simply be 1/11th of the Grand Total incl GST value, being     {$order.total}/11

Any suggestions?

932396468_invoicelayout.JPG.7b5aa817fc6f9b78a27829ccb9d21b91.JPG

Edited by Ropes

Even though CubeCart has a new feature where the admin can edit the Invoice using the WYSIWYG editor(admin, Documents, Invoice Editor tab), I recommend not doing so - I find problems with this.

Instead, using a programmer's text editor, in the admin skin template orders.print.php:

Find:

<div class="total"><strong>{$LANG.basket.total_grand} {$order.total}</strong></div>

Add after:

<div class="total"><strong>Includes GST of {"%01.2f"|sprintf:$order.total/11}</strong></div>

The {"%01.2f"|sprintf:$order.total/11} should show the value to two decimal points. PHP's sprintf() requires the first argument to be the format pattern, which requires Smarty to operate on the string, then use the value as the second argument to sprintf().

Try that. (I haven't tried it myself.)

Edited by bsmither
Too many lines of code was given to find and change.

• 5 months later...

Sorry, no.

Find:

<div class="total"><strong>{$LANG.basket.total_grand} {$order.total}</strong></div>

Add after:

<div class="total"><strong>Includes GST of {"%01.2f"|sprintf:$order.total/11}</strong></div>