Gift Card Product Code

Christopher Short

From my analysis of the code:

We can bypass the code in the admin script that checks for this giftcard product_code condition. Then, as long as the giftcard product_code is way out of range than a regular inventory item product_id, for example 999999, you should be safe enough. (Can't really use '0000' even though the inventory table will never have a product_id of 0, CubeCart does use 0 (if I recall correctly) for the admin-entered non-inventory item(s) when editing an order summary.)

3 hours ago, bsmither said:

From my analysis of the code:

We can bypass the code in the admin script that checks for this giftcard product_code condition. Then, as long as the giftcard product_code is way out of range than a regular inventory item product_id, for example 999999, you should be safe enough. (Can't really use '0000' even though the inventory table will never have a product_id of 0, CubeCart does use 0 (if I recall correctly) for the admin-entered non-inventory item(s) when editing an order summary.)

This is 100% correct. CubeCart will think its a standard product if the product code is numeric. 

If I wrote CubeCart again I would suggest a dropdown menu for product types with values product, service, gift card etc.. 

Archived