Order doesn't show up in transaction log and inventory not updated.

cqpbert

Basically as the title says.

An unregistered customer (what is the difference between registered and unregistered) placed an order. I received the email and payment. I shipped the order and marked it complete. Email was sent to customer including the tracking number that I had put in on the delivery tab.

The order is in the list, but not in the transaction log. Also the stock level was not reduced.

Any ideas what to look for? I tested a different item by buying it and everything worked as planned.

We would like to know what payment gateway module this transaction used, and what is the setting in admin that states at what stage the inventory is decremented (admin, Store Settings, Stock tab, General Stock Settings section, "Reduce stock levels").

Payment is with paypal extension.

Reduce stock levels when payment is made.

When I tested before and it worked, it may have been before an update to paypal? test order was made sept 21.

I suppose maybe the issue is with cubecart knowing the payment happened since it is not in the transaction log?

As I see how the code operates, it is the gateway module's responsibility to log the transaction in the CubeCart_transactions database table.

(You may want to verify, using an external database viewer, that there are records in the CubeCart_transactions table for this order - which, for some reason, may not be getting queried successfully when viewing the admin, Transaction Logs listing, or the admin, Orders, Edit order, Transaction Logs tab.)

Updating the stock level is not the job of the gateway module, but indeed, if CubeCart is not reacting to PayPal's notification (whatever that may be), then several things should not happen: an email sent to the customer that payment was received, an email sent to the admin that an order has been placed (see admin, Store Settings, Features tab, Misc section, "Order status for admin email notifications"), reduce stock levels (other than when going to pending), record logged in Transaction Logs, emails sent logged in Email Logs.

I think I understand you to say that some of these things do happen.

If you haven't enabled the error_log, do so now and keep it enabled until this problem happens again.

https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/51550-how-to-create-the-error-log/

Yes, some of the things do happen.

I do get the email notice about the new order.

But it seems I to not be in the transaction log and the stock level was not reduced.

I changed when to reduce to be when order is complete instead of on payment, so at least for now the level changes.

I will turn on error_log and wait. Likely I will order something to test things out myself.

I am using Foundation skin. But now that I think about it, I may have been using crosshatch when it did work before in September.

Thank you for the help :)

Archived