PayPal error

GadgetGeek

I created a shop for a client last year and all has been working well.  Suddenly in November PayPal started playing up.  When clicking on either the PayPal checkout or Pay Later buttons the a window appears momentarily then disappears back to the page with the buttons.  In the orders page it shows that the order is pending but no payment is made.

I have looked at the Request Log and see the following:

Request Sent (cURL) - https://api.paypal.com/v1/identity/generate-token

Response received (200 - OK){"client_token":"eyJicmFpbnRyZWUiOnsiYXV0aG9yaXphdGlvbkZpbmdlcnByaW50IjoiYWQyYTRlYjU0MDA4ZDIxYTBjMjdmMDZhNmVkNmZkZjI5ZGNlZTc2OWI1NDkwOWU0ODRkMWI2NjM3ODk5Y2Y3NXxtZXJjaGFudF9pZD1yd3dua3FnMnhnNTZobTJuJnB1YmxpY19rZXk9ajJmYzJqcHhkZzZ2cDg0ZiZjcmVhdGVkX2F0PTIwMjItMDEtMDRUMTk6NDU6NTYuMDc0WiIsInZlcnNpb24iOiIzLXBheXBhbCJ9LCJwYXlwYWwiOnsiaWRUb2tlbiI6bnVsbCwiYWNjZXNzVG9rZW4iOiJBMjFBQVBlc1hPVmswWXp3MHBrM2txQ2p5YVNzVlhDT05kMHdpcVMxb0NWMXdva2VKaU84eF9Wbk5WMjVYb0NEcGpLTmxZd3JUQjIxS0pFMzk2NnBVOXkzdWhSVzItMG5RIn19","expires_in":3600}

Followed by:

Request Sent (cURL) - https://api.paypal.com/v2/checkout/orders/{"intent":"CAPTURE","purchase_units":[{"reference_id":"61d49f46e37ab","items":[{"name":"test item not for sale","unit_amount":{"value":"0.01","currency_code":"GBP"},"quantity":2,"sku":"TESJ05XR48","category":"PHYSICAL_GOODS"}],"amount":{"currency_code":"GBP","value":"0.02","breakdown":{"item_total":{"value":"0.02","currency_code":"GBP"},"shipping":{"value":"0","currency_code":"GBP"},"tax_total":{"value":"0","currency_code":"GBP"},"discount":{"value":"0","currency_code":"GBP"}}},"shipping":{"name":{"full_name":"XXXXXXXX"},"email_address":false,"phone":false,"address":{"address_line_1":"XXXXXXXXX","admin_area_1":"Hampshire","admin_area_2":"XXXXXXX","postal_code":"XXXXXXX","country_code":"GB"}},"invoice_id":"220104-192730-8370","description":"Payment for order 220104-192730-8370"}],"application_context":{"shipping_preference":"SET_PROVIDED_ADDRESS","brand_name":"ENT","locale":"en-GB","user_action":"PAY_NOW"},"payer":{"name":{"given_name":"XXXXXXX","surname":"XXXXXXXXXX"},"address":{"address_line_1":"XXXXXXXXX ","address_line_2":"","admin_area_1":"Hampshire","admin_area_2":"XXXXXXXXX","postal_code":"XXXXXXXX","country_code":"GB"}}}
Error:cURL Error (22): The requested URL returned error: 422
Response received (422 - Unprocessable Entity)

I have replaced the name and address with 'X's' above for data protection but everything else is as the error log.

I have tried removing paypal from the store and reinstalling it but I get the same.

In another store (using the same pc) there is no problem and the orders show, so I am totally stumped.  I have trawled through the forum but can't seem to find anything that helps.

Any help gratefully received - but please be aware I am NOT a programmer!

1 hour ago, GadgetGeek said:

I created a shop for a client last year and all has been working well.  Suddenly in November PayPal started playing up.  When clicking on either the PayPal checkout or Pay Later buttons the a window appears momentarily then disappears back to the page with the buttons.  In the orders page it shows that the order is pending but no payment is made.

I have looked at the Request Log and see the following:

Request Sent (cURL) - https://api.paypal.com/v1/identity/generate-token

Response received (200 - OK){"client_token":"eyJicmFpbnRyZWUiOnsiYXV0aG9yaXphdGlvbkZpbmdlcnByaW50IjoiYWQyYTRlYjU0MDA4ZDIxYTBjMjdmMDZhNmVkNmZkZjI5ZGNlZTc2OWI1NDkwOWU0ODRkMWI2NjM3ODk5Y2Y3NXxtZXJjaGFudF9pZD1yd3dua3FnMnhnNTZobTJuJnB1YmxpY19rZXk9ajJmYzJqcHhkZzZ2cDg0ZiZjcmVhdGVkX2F0PTIwMjItMDEtMDRUMTk6NDU6NTYuMDc0WiIsInZlcnNpb24iOiIzLXBheXBhbCJ9LCJwYXlwYWwiOnsiaWRUb2tlbiI6bnVsbCwiYWNjZXNzVG9rZW4iOiJBMjFBQVBlc1hPVmswWXp3MHBrM2txQ2p5YVNzVlhDT05kMHdpcVMxb0NWMXdva2VKaU84eF9Wbk5WMjVYb0NEcGpLTmxZd3JUQjIxS0pFMzk2NnBVOXkzdWhSVzItMG5RIn19","expires_in":3600}

Followed by:

Request Sent (cURL) - https://api.paypal.com/v2/checkout/orders/{"intent":"CAPTURE","purchase_units":[{"reference_id":"61d49f46e37ab","items":[{"name":"test item not for sale","unit_amount":{"value":"0.01","currency_code":"GBP"},"quantity":2,"sku":"TESJ05XR48","category":"PHYSICAL_GOODS"}],"amount":{"currency_code":"GBP","value":"0.02","breakdown":{"item_total":{"value":"0.02","currency_code":"GBP"},"shipping":{"value":"0","currency_code":"GBP"},"tax_total":{"value":"0","currency_code":"GBP"},"discount":{"value":"0","currency_code":"GBP"}}},"shipping":{"name":{"full_name":"XXXXXXXX"},"email_address":false,"phone":false,"address":{"address_line_1":"XXXXXXXXX","admin_area_1":"Hampshire","admin_area_2":"XXXXXXX","postal_code":"XXXXXXX","country_code":"GB"}},"invoice_id":"220104-192730-8370","description":"Payment for order 220104-192730-8370"}],"application_context":{"shipping_preference":"SET_PROVIDED_ADDRESS","brand_name":"ENT","locale":"en-GB","user_action":"PAY_NOW"},"payer":{"name":{"given_name":"XXXXXXX","surname":"XXXXXXXXXX"},"address":{"address_line_1":"XXXXXXXXX ","address_line_2":"","admin_area_1":"Hampshire","admin_area_2":"XXXXXXXXX","postal_code":"XXXXXXXX","country_code":"GB"}}}
Error:cURL Error (22): The requested URL returned error: 422
Response received (422 - Unprocessable Entity)

I have replaced the name and address with 'X's' above for data protection but everything else is as the error log.

I have tried removing paypal from the store and reinstalling it but I get the same.

In another store (using the same pc) there is no problem and the orders show, so I am totally stumped.  I have trawled through the forum but can't seem to find anything that helps.

Any help gratefully received - but please be aware I am NOT a programmer!

this is what is happening in mine as well, 

same issues with orders going to pending and payment not being taken. 

Archived