Images not showing up

dave

Hi folks, hope someone can suggest a solution to this problem.

Installed Cubecart today first timer, looked up all the info on importing products. Made a csv file, upload the images via the admin panel, then imported some products to do a test. All the products imported but the images don't show on the front or in the admin as thumbnails. However in the admin > images section they all show fine. On investigating a single product and going to the image section there I'm greeted with a file manager list but there again the images don't show - however if I roll my cursor over the thumbnail placeholders the image do come up in the preview box.

I have cache turned off

Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 17-35-02 Admin Control Panel.png

27 minutes ago, Al Brookbanks said:

Welcome!! Anything in your system error log? There is as link to this on the admin navigation menu. There may be a permissions issue or missing GD library...

Thanks for the quick response, main suspect is the GD file as I had to downgrade the PHP to get the cart to install. I shell check both first thing in the morning, just seem very odd behaviour so thought I would ask. Having default "no image" images makes it a tad difficult to investigate. Liking the cart so far, not using it for anything fancy just a personal car boot sort of sale on my blog.

From the image of the FilePicker above, it seems that the attempt to state an image in a product's record in the CSV failed, if there was, in fact, a column to have that info.

At the FilePicker, determine which image you want associated to the product being edited. To make the actual association, click on the empty checkbox to the right of the filename. The empty checkbox will change to a checked checkbox. Click on the checked checkbox and it will change to a gold star. There can be only one image being a gold star (the 'main' image) for the product.

Click on any additional empty checkboxes to also associate those images to this product. Then Save.

bsmither, surely if I did that all the time it would be pointless using the import feature. But I'll check in the database tomorrow to see if these images have a product ID.

Well after sending the above I notice I still had the screen up in the browser so I did what you suggested and it worked. Is this a regular bug? I'll have to do some more testing but at least it seems the PHP install is not missing extensions. I'll report back in the morning.

39 minutes ago, dave said:

Thanks for the quick response, main suspect is the GD file as I had to downgrade the PHP to get the cart to install. I shell check both first thing in the morning, just seem very odd behaviour so thought I would ask. Having default "no image" images makes it a tad difficult to investigate. Liking the cart so far, not using it for anything fancy just a personal car boot sort of sale on my blog.

Downgraded PHP? CC will be fine so long as it's not PHP 8

Provided you have access to PHP MYAdmin, take a look at the tables filemanager and image index.

In filemanager, each image has a unique ID number, file locataion and it's file name.

In Image_index this file ID number has to be allocated to a product ID.

See if these correspond.

My guess is your'e probably missing something in your upload csv, may be just as simple as the file location or file name.

Looks to me like the index is there but why they are showing up in the file manager and not in the product image selection process, although they show in the preview when the cursor is rolled over the image file name. I'm going to test the import again to see if it happens again but does this work for everyone else?

Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 09-32-55 192 168 178 23 2087 localhost handy_shopDB CubeCart_image_index phpMyAdmin 5 1 1.png

Hold on guys - never rule out a loose nut on the keyboard.

I just checked my CSV file AGAIN and the images have the full path not just the image file name, I'm guessing that's the issue. Doing another test now, I'll report back if it's not. Thanks for the help, sorry if I wasted your time. Mind you, it does highlight something that perhaps needs to be address in the code.

Did you upload the images first and update the file list. Only then can you import the spreadsheet otherwise the import won't find the image to assign. 

Also make 100% sure the file path is relative to the images/source folder. 

Say for example the image path is https://www.example.com/shop/images/source/folder/pic.jpg the value in the spreadsheet must be folder/pic.jpg . Anything else won't work. 

All is fine, just me putting the path in. I like to try and keep images separate from the application as it's more flexible when linking to those images to other places like eBay.

Anyway, just upload about 500 products without an hitch, except me working grams 🙂

Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 11-53-50 APRIL 1993.JPG

Archived