cart layout how to?

Bad Wolf

I am using the default skin for my shop and I would like very much to have it so that there are at least 3 images across when viewing on a desktop. Not sure if it's possible because of the mobile flexibility of the cart but it's really obnoxious to have to keep hitting "show more" and have it like a big long feed akin to facebook (ugh).

I do not see it any of the layout settings. Am I missing something?
Also, the images are crap. Any tips on making them less blurry? I'm about to take my stock and redo all the images because this thing looks awful and I'm sure it's affecting sales. Any tips on image sizing etc would be very much appreciated.

I'd like to get on this over the weekend as we are bracing for a blizzard with up to 4 FEET of snow, so now's the time to get this done!

https://badwolfdesigns.net

I believe you are asking about how to change the layout on a View Category page. It is the only page that has pagination (More...).

At the top of the list is a pair of icons: a "four-square grid" and a "list".

Click the grid and you should get what you want.

There is a conversation on the forums that discusses code edits needed to make the grid view the default.

I don't find the images objectionable. Please point out a specific product image that has a "crappy" look to it.

53 minutes ago, bsmither said:

I believe you are asking about how to change the layout on a View Category page. It is the only page that has pagination (More...).

At the top of the list is a pair of icons: a "four-square grid" and a "list".

Click the grid and you should get what you want.

There is a conversation on the forums that discusses code edits needed to make the grid view the default.

I don't find the images objectionable. Please point out a specific product image that has a "crappy" look to it.

Yeah, I have it set to that and it doesn't work. If you go to my page does it work for you?

The first image in the bracelets... 3 skulls looks like fuzzy crap as well as quite a few others in the bracelets.
https://badwolfdesigns.net/bracelets.html#2

3 hours ago, bsmither said:

Please know that CubeCart remembers the layout chosen between page views by using a cookie:

Name: product_view
Value: grid

Ok so where do I find this?  I do see that it does switch how it looks when I click the views but there is no way these are showing 3 across on my browser, FireFox. BUT on Safari It's working fine.
I looked for the cookie in FF and deleted them all but no joy. Could it be a security setting in FF? And what one would it be? Am I going to have to turn off everything and do it one at a time

OK one file per post I guess. This is the grid view on FireFox

grid.jpg

3 hours ago, bsmither said:

Please know that CubeCart remembers the layout chosen between page views by using a cookie:

Name: product_view
Value: grid

I can't get the second image to upload for you until the time out on the merge goes away. The system keeps merging the posts and one image is a touch too big.

The image in your reply above is list view. The image in the post above that is grid view, but the page's CSS is being told that your browser's screen width is very narrow, even though it isn't, and the CSS is saying to use a layout for narrow widths. Is your browser somehow faking at being a mobile device? But even if it was faking it, the right hand sidebar would not be showing.

This is what I see:

1335934558_Screenshot2022-01-28at20-59-56Bracelets.png.4a0c4e5c86d4eba1382de19b7cda18ee.png

Please make this observation very carefully: the icon for the grid view.

In your image above, there is very little margin between the top of the four squares and the top of the blue background. In my image above, there is more space between the squares and the top of the blue background.

My Firefox is v93 for Win7. What is yours?

The CSS file being used by your site is:

https://badwolfdesigns.net/cache/6c8d0.css.foundation_20200505110755.css

which suggests that it was created 5 May 2020. That's old and should have been destroyed/replaced by now.

That doesn't explain why I do not see this problem.

12 hours ago, bsmither said:

Please make this observation very carefully: the icon for the grid view.

In your image above, there is very little margin between the top of the four squares and the top of the blue background. In my image above, there is more space between the squares and the top of the blue background.

My Firefox is v93 for Win7. What is yours?

The CSS file being used by your site is:

https://badwolfdesigns.net/cache/6c8d0.css.foundation_20200505110755.css

which suggests that it was created 5 May 2020. That's old and should have been destroyed/replaced by now.

That doesn't explain why I do not see this problem.

OK this has to be on my iMac because the Macbook Pro is fine. Browser updates automatically so I'm at 96.0.3 and 64 bit.
So it's the browser or the iMac. next resort will be to uninstall the browser and ALL the settings and reinstall or if you have a better suggestion to a solution I'm all "ears". Reinstalling means a day of work to put my settings and stuff back in one at a time except for the bookmarks and stuff as with Mac I can sync all devices and they all are the "same" with this feature. Not sure if Windows does that, but Mac does and as an example if I bookmark a site, it  bookmarks across all devices.

FYI - I cleared cache, cookies and more on the iMac and do that regularly.

I did an Internet search for firefox imac display anomalies (possibly not the best choice of words) and found these two articles:

You tube display on Imac running version 95.0.2
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1363170

Fonts Not Displaying on Some But Not All Sites
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1345602

I have no skills with Apple's stuff.

7 minutes ago, bsmither said:

I did an Internet search for firefox imac display anomalies (possibly not the best choice of words) and found these two articles:

You tube display on Imac running version 95.0.2
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1363170

Fonts Not Displaying on Some But Not All Sites
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1345602

I have no skills with Apple's stuff.

Ok thanks for the help. VERY much appreciated. At least I know it's not the site but my computer. I can figure out something, somehow on my own now. And with that, we got 5' high snow drifts in my driveway and i can't get out the house! Plow dumped all the snow from the street into MY driveway entrance so we will be stuck shoveling for a few days because that stuff turns to ice boulders overnight and it's STILL snowing out there. yay winter

Snow. Been there, got the t-shirt. Moved to a better climate.

In Firefox, hover the mouse cursor over the grid icon. Call the Context Menu (right-click, CMD-click, whatever for Mac). Select "Inspect". The Developer's Tools screens will open up.

Click the Console tab to see if any issues are mentioned.

On 1/29/2022 at 5:15 PM, bsmither said:

In Firefox, hover the mouse cursor over the grid icon. Call the Context Menu (right-click, CMD-click, whatever for Mac). Select "Inspect". The Developer's Tools screens will open up.

I'll check into this. Need a couple days as another storm approaches the east coast and the band has a gig so that means overnight guests because our drummer is in another state. ugh... hate house guests!
Thank you. I'll look into this later.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 5:15 PM, bsmither said:

so it turns out that it was something in the browser that failed. I uninstalled it and put in a clean, fresh copy and let it sync with all my devices and all is back as it should be. :) thank you, Sir. You're always helpful. Apologies for the late reply. Things got a bit nuts here.

Archived