Google and Mozilla are ready for Chrome and Firefox version 100 to break some websites

Tony

Short answer: no.

CubeCart does use a common regex to detect if a web browser is any of the several browsers installed in mobile devices -- but the regex does not discriminate based on version numbers. This function (detecting user-agent strings of browsers built for mobile-type devices) is a carry-over to accommodate non-responsive skins -- generally skins built for CC5 -- so that, if the admin settings permit, will auto-switch to a specified mobile-designed skin. (See the Mobile skin in the Marketplace.)

Responsive skins (are supposed to) have an indicator in the config.xml file that they are responsive, and CubeCart will not (if I recall correctly) pursue examining the user-agent string.

I have not seen any evidence of the following in existence, but I assume it could be done -- a third-party plugin may want to customize its page structure depending on the specific browser.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 4:23 AM, bsmither said:

Short answer: no.

CubeCart does use a common regex to detect if a web browser is any of the several browsers installed in mobile devices -- but the regex does not discriminate based on version numbers. This function (detecting user-agent strings of browsers built for mobile-type devices) is a carry-over to accommodate non-responsive skins -- generally skins built for CC5 -- so that, if the admin settings permit, will auto-switch to a specified mobile-designed skin. (See the Mobile skin in the Marketplace.)

Responsive skins (are supposed to) have an indicator in the config.xml file that they are responsive, and CubeCart will not (if I recall correctly) pursue examining the user-agent string.

I have not seen any evidence of the following in existence, but I assume it could be done -- a third-party plugin may want to customize its page structure depending on the specific browser. io games

thanks for taking the time to explain.

Archived