404 and "index not found" errors after upgrade to 6.4.4

After doing an upgrade to 6.4.4, I haven't been able to log in to cubecart admin account. In error log, get "index not found" errors and when I click on the link I used to use I get webpage not found.  I followed the directions to reset password in database, but now can't get to the cubecart login page. Any help much appreciated.

If you were using CubeCart v5, or an early version of CubeCart v6, you may have been used to accessing the admin login with:

www.example.com/admin/index.php

With CubeCart v6 (at least after the first few early versions), that can no longer be done. The CubeCart code at that location will inform the browser that this web address is "404 Not Found" - which is a lie - but serves the purpose of forcing access away from this web address.

After running setup for the upgrade, there should have been an announcement that provided two links: the current web address for the storefront, and the current web address for the admin backend.

Maybe that was overlooked.

Please look directly at the directory where CubeCart is installed (either via FTP or log in to your hosted account's control panel). You will find a filename that looks like:

admin_aBcDeF.php

where the hash is a random sequence of letters. That will be the web address to use:

www.example.com/admin_aBcDeF.php

Thank you for your help. After trying several things, I also found your earlier reply about getting into admin.  Long story short, I don't think everything was updated in the upgrade.  Database was still saying 6.4.2.  I restored my backup for that and my website came back.  I think you are right about me missing the new info, but even when I looked at the files there was no new admin_xxxxx.php file. So anyway, I am going to try again today to upgrade and watch for the 2 links.  I will let you know how it goes.  Thank you again.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem, but not for my admin panel, insyead it is for the Login/Register link on the homepage.

Also, it is not an upgrade but a fresh install of CC 6.4.

Whenever I try to log into my client area (I made a client account for testing purposes) I get a 404 error.

Today is the first time this started happening.

Would that have anything to do with the fact I started using the Minimaliser skin?

Thank you.

Archived