Putting multiple items in one folder.

M6VMO

Hi everyone,
I sell digital downloads only (sheet music and audio files), some of the sheet music has multiple parts, ie. there is one score that has all the instruments on one sheet and then the separate parts can be bought separately.
However, to do that, I need to put the individual sheets of the parts in one folder, but CC does not seem to allow me to do that.
Is there a way that can be achieved, please?
Thank you in advance.

This can probably be done, but I am not sure by what you mean not able to "put the individual sheets of the parts in one folder".

CubeCart does not restrict in any way how files are uploaded to folders.

Can you explain with more details?

Yes, bsmither,

First of all, thank you for replying.

It concerns a piece of music written for three instruments: flute, harpsichord and cello.

There is a full score, on which the music for all three instruments appears, this can be bought as one item.

But you can also buy the separate parts for every single instrument, ie. one sheet for the flute, one sheet for the cello, and one sheet for the harpsichord so every player can have their own music.

These three files  have to be together in their own folder (the instrument sheets are all PDF files).

However, CC will not let me select more than one file to put into the folder "Parts".

I hope that makes it a bit clearer.

Thank you.

If I understand correctly what you want to do, then CubeCart's file management screen works on one file at a time, but I do not see where CubeCart is not allowing the admin to move a second file from folderA to folderB when there is already some other file in folderB.

Is there any error message?

Hi again, bsmither,

No, there is no error message, and, now I had a better look, it seems to have worked after all, however, thefolder i put the three files in seems to have developed a life of its own.

I called it "Little Sonata Parts" and it was supposed to go in "Sheet Music=>Little Sonata", in that last folder, the file with the full score of Little Sonata resides, and then the intenton is that people can open the "Little Sonata Parts" folder there to buy the separate files. However, the folder has been given an independent place in the root directory, although I put it where I mentioned earlier.

So, the original problem seems to be solved, but a new one seems to be created.

Thank you for your help so far.

CubeCart does not provide a means for the customer to "open a folder" and make a purchase of what is inside.

Where the files are located - in distinct folders, perhaps - is only for the organizational benefit of the Store Manager. CubeCart does not really care where the files are located (as long as they are physically located within Cubecart's /files/ folder or sub-folders). And the customer/purchaser will never know the physical location of where any particular downloadable file resides.

Archived