Copy Database to new site

Claudia M

Hi,

I'm starting a new web site and am using the All In One Shipping for both.  I have it setup for the older site and was wondering if there is some way I can just copy the rates (database) to the new site from the other database.  I need to keep it in the older site too.  It's just that they are the same and it would be a lot of work.

Thanks in advance,

Claudia

Using phpMyAdmin (or whichever external database management utility you have access to as provided by your hosting provider), examine the database of your existing store.

Somewhere in phpMyAdmin, you will be shown a way to back up (might be called 'Export') individual tables. Choose the two mentioned above. When executed, there will be a SQL file that can be downloaded.

Then, view the CubeCart_config table. Find the row for AIOS. Copy the contents of the 'array' column and paste it to a waiting instance of a text editor. The column's contents will look like a random sequence of characters. That is what you want.

Now examine the database of your new store. Somewhere in phpMyAdmin, you will be given a means to restore from a backup -- probably "Load or Run from SQL file". Upload the SQL backup file.

Then, view the CubeCart_config table. If there is already a row for AIOS, simply replace the contents of the 'array' column. If not, add a new row where 'name' is "All_In_One_Shipping" and 'array' is the contents from the text editor.

(I don't use phpMyAdmin, so I can't give explicit instructions.)

Edited by bsmither