Add a sortable Latest Product checkbox on Admin Product Inventory

I am trying to add a sortable checkbox for latest products on the product inventory page in admin.  I change my latest products frequently and want to keep track of them.  I can get the checkbox to show up, I just can't get it to work. 

I've added this so the checkbox doesn't take up a lot of room on the product inventory page

<thead>

<tr>

<th nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;</th>

<th nowrap="nowrap">{$THEAD.name}</th>

<th nowrap="nowrap">LP</th>

<th nowrap="nowrap">{$THEAD.image}</th>

A few lines later I put this

<span class="light-category">{$product.category}</span>

{/if}

</td>

<td style="text-align:center"><input type="hidden" name="latest" id="product_latest" class="toggle" value="{$PRODUCT.latest}"></td>

<td style="text-align:center">

{if !empty($product.image_path_tiny)}

I know I need to put something like this in the source file to make it sortable but I need to get it to work first

// Sorting

$current_page = currentPage(array('sort'));

if (!isset($_GET['sort']) || !is_array($_GET['sort'])) {

$_GET['sort'] = array('updated' => 'DESC');

}

$thead_sort = array(

'status'   => $GLOBALS['db']->column_sort('status', $lang['common']['status'], 'sort', $current_page, $_GET['sort']),

'digital'   => $GLOBALS['db']->column_sort('digital', $lang['common']['type'], 'sort', $current_page, $_GET['sort']),

'product_latest'   => $GLOBALS['db']->column_sort('product_latest', $lang['catalogue']['type'], 'sort', $current_page, $_GET['sort']),

The checkbox won't stay checked and I didn't want to go any further and mess everything up.

Thanks for any and all help

Claudia

In the $thead_sort array of the admin script, please try:

'product_latest' => $GLOBALS['db']->column_sort('latest', 'LP', 'sort', $current_page, $_GET['sort']),

Then, in the <thead> block of the admin skin template, use:

<th nowrap="nowrap">{$THEAD.product_latest}</th>

In the corresponding slot in the group of <td> cells, use:

<td align="center"><input type="hidden" name="latest[{$product.product_id}]" id="latest_{$product.product_id}" value="{$product.latest}" class="toggle"></td>

Then, finally, back in the script, to process the checkboxes for being in the Latest Products group:

Find:

if (isset($_POST['status']) && is_array($_POST['status']) && Admin::getInstance()->permissions('products', CC_PERM_EDIT)) {
    // Update Status
    foreach ($_POST['status'] as $product_id => $status) {
        $GLOBALS['db']->update('CubeCart_inventory', array('status' => $status), array('product_id' => $product_id));
    }

Add after:

if (isset($_POST['latest']) && is_array($_POST['latest']) && Admin::getInstance()->permissions('products', CC_PERM_EDIT)) {
        // Update Latest Product state
        foreach ($_POST['latest'] as $product_id => $state) {
            $GLOBALS['db']->update('CubeCart_inventory', array('latest' => $state), array('product_id' => $product_id));
        }
    }

Hi Ian,

I looked at that and though it is a great plugin I think I have things the way I want now.  I did purchase the Automatic XML Sitemap Generator from you for my new site but it's showing pending.  Is there something I need to do?

Claudia

Hmmm...

Where did you put this line?

<td align="center"><input type="hidden" name="latest[{$product.product_id}]" id="latest_{$product.product_id}" value="{$product.latest}" class="toggle"></td>

And double check where you put the last edit.

Edited by bsmither

It was where I placed the last code.  I had added other elements and placed this in the middle for some stupid reason.  But it's got my wondering if my other added code is correct.  Should I add foreach on all of them and have two } instead of the one?

Here's a partial sample of what I have now:

// Update Status

foreach ($_POST['status'] as $product_id => $status) {

$GLOBALS['db']->update('CubeCart_inventory', array('status' => $status), array('product_id' => $product_id));

}

if (isset($_POST['latest']) && is_array($_POST['latest']) && Admin::getInstance()->permissions('products', CC_PERM_EDIT)) {

// Update Latest Product state

foreach ($_POST['latest'] as $product_id => $state) {

$GLOBALS['db']->update('CubeCart_inventory', array('latest' => $state), array('product_id' => $product_id));

}

}

if (isset($_POST['product']) && is_array($_POST['product'])) {

// Update Product Code

foreach ($_POST['product'] as $product_id => $product_detail_to_update) {

if (isset($product_detail_to_update['product_code'])) {

$GLOBALS['db']->update('CubeCart_inventory', array('product_code' => $product_detail_to_update['product_code']), array('product_id' => $product_id));

}

// Update Product Name

if (isset($product_detail_to_update['product_name'])) {

$GLOBALS['db']->update('CubeCart_inventory', array('name' => $product_detail_to_update['product_name']), array('product_id' => $product_id));

}

// Update Product Price

if (isset($product_detail_to_update['product_price'])) {

$GLOBALS['db']->update('CubeCart_inventory', array('price' => $product_detail_to_update['product_price']), array('product_id' => $product_id));

}

// Update Cost Price

if (isset($product_detail_to_update['cost_price'])) {

$GLOBALS['db']->update('CubeCart_inventory', array('cost_price' => $product_detail_to_update['cost_price']), array('product_id' => $product_id));

}

// Update Item Location  

if (isset($product_detail_to_update['item_location'])) {

$GLOBALS['db']->update('CubeCart_inventory', array('item_location' => $product_detail_to_update['item_location']), array('product_id' => $product_id));

}

I see nothing wrong with the code you posted above, as long as you also have:

if (isset($_POST['status']) && is_array($_POST['status']) && Admin::getInstance()->permissions('products', CC_PERM_EDIT)) {

''' all the code you posted above ...

} // finishes - foreach ($_POST['product'] ...
    } // finishes - if (isset($_POST['product']) ...
    httpredir(currentPage());
} // finishes - if (isset($_POST['status']) ...

As you hinted, because you are also updating a number of other data items from the list, with some name changes to the <input> elements, the 'latest' data item can be grouped into the $_POST['product'] array.