Customize 404 Page

Bob La Londe

CC645 will use a skin template (content.404.php) if it exists. If the skin you are using does not have this template, you can create it.

The existing template file has very basic code in it - essentially just a title and a phrase found in the language pack.

If you wish for a more elaborate page of content (which gets displayed within the CubeCart overall page layout), feel free to compose it.

You either edit the phrase (in admin, Languages), or use a Code Snippet to overrule the existing language phrases with something way more complicated.

Edited by bsmither

12 hours ago, bsmither said:

CC645 will use a skin template (content.404.php) if it exists. If the skin you are using does not have this template, you can create it.

The existing template file has very basic code in it - essentially just a title and a phrase found in the language pack.

If you wish for a more elaborate page of content (which gets displayed within the CubeCart overall page layout), feel free to compose it.

You either edit the phrase (in admin, Languages), or use a Code Snippet to overrule the existing language phrases with something way more complicated.

Thank you.  That is exactly what I needed.  I had found the content.404.php in my backup file (by doing a file search for 404), but not being a script programmer I didn't really know what to do with it.  Knowing that it points to variables in the language files and that the language files were atleast partially editable in the cart script was just what I needed to know.  I know have a much more suitable 404 error page.  

Now to see if I can do something with the no shipping option output. I want to include a note that International sales will have to be processed manually.  

15 minutes ago, Bob La Londe said:

Thank you.  That is exactly what I needed.  I had found the content.404.php in my backup file (by doing a file search for 404), but not being a script programmer I didn't really know what to do with it.  Knowing that it points to variables in the language files and that the language files were atleast partially editable in the cart script was just what I needed to know.  I know have a much more suitable 404 error page.  

Now to see if I can do something with the no shipping option output. I want to include a note that International sales will have to be processed manually.  

It looks like the shipping error message is accessible in a similar manner.  Unlike the 404 message variable it does not seem to process html within that field.  Not exactly what I wanted, but I now have a more suitable shipping error message.