PHP 7.1 problem

keat

Guys

I thought I'd pop this on the forum for future reference.

We couldn't log in to the admin side of the web this morning, posting the username and password, the page flashed, but nothing happened.

Then I was getting reports that customers were opening the web page and finding that they were logged in as someone else. (extremely worrying)

We proved this in house, open the web page and it said 'Welcome Back  ... whoever'

None of my domains use PHP7.1.

I may have removed PHP7.1 from the web server a few weeks ago and this issue only came to light after on OS update last night, and maybe the server rebooted.

I found this in error_log

[21-Jun-2022 12:24:34 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  session_start() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.session-start.php'>function.session-start.php</a>]: open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php71/sess_fdf69d4ec2565003138eee92b6e9bf6a, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/cpanel-user/public_html/classes/session.class.php on line 724

[21-Jun-2022 12:24:34 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  session_start() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.session-start.php'>function.session-start.php</a>]: Failed to read session data: files (path:

I re-installed PHP7.1 and the sites seem to be working again.

7.1 is is installed but no sites are configured to use this.

I'm guessing (but clarification required) that something somewhere within cubecart is looking for /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php71

any thoughts ?

10 minutes ago, keat said:

I'm guessing (but clarification required) that something somewhere within cubecart is looking for /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php71

This isnt CubeCart but in your hosting configuration

11 minutes ago, keat said:

We couldn't log in to the admin side of the web this morning, posting the username and password, the page flashed, but nothing happened.

That is because after removing 7.1 it also removed the directory where your system was trying to save sessions - hence not able to login

The PHP save path in PHP config is set for 7.3 on the 7.3 config area

Now that I can get in, I can see in the PHP info (cubecart), that the local value is set for 7.1 and master value 7.3.

PHP ini had an incorrect entry.

Remember when we were discussing session.gc_maxlifetime about 2 maybe 3 years ago.

I made global changes in php config, but I now wonder if I left behind a local php.ini file, which was over riding the global settings.

I suppose it makes sense.

Edited by keat