Failed baskets - Cookie constent

Lastwolf

Bit of a weird one I've noticed.

There's nearly always 1 abandoned basket per day and it might be a coincidence, but I had a customer call in cause they couldn't complete the payment on their order, I investigated and I couldn't see any real reason why it wouldn't work. It got all the way to card capture.

The only common factor I could see, is these people had all had "cookie consent" -none- on their user account, could this be affecting payment in any way and is there a work around to fix it ?

I don't know enough about the Paypal plugin, but it is conceivable that the plugin wants to put cookies in play.

However, whether the plugin would respect any cookie setting CubeCart manages for itself, again, I don't know.

Do you use the Paypal plugin?

yeah, I'm using the Paypal commerce plugin, I'm running 1.7 and 1.6.4 on two separate sites, same behaviour. Using Cubercart 6.4.5 and 6.5 (yeah, I know, super bad idea but I don't want to attempt a downgrade at this point.)

Edited by Lastwolf

You said, "they couldn't complete the payment".

Do you have any better idea of exactly where each customer was at in the multi-step process? Ghost customers? Account holders? A form not submitting because of an element failing validation (but not seen because that element was below the bottom of the browser window)? Customers common to a particular area of the world that Paypal does not like? 

As far as I understand it,

Customers are fully registering in the system, getting to the payment window, entering their details and then it just "fails" from their perspective.

Looking at my transactions logs, no attempt has been made and there is no payment failure data, so I assume it's allowing the data to be entered then it just deletes.

Though I tested it and it worked fine for me.. weird. Although in my attempt I see there is cookie consent information

IP Address Time
Exxx uses cookies. For more detailed information about these cookies please see our privacy policy. Please accept to continue or block all non-essential cookies. xxxxx 21 Jul 2022, 11:25
Blocked chosen. 78.xx.xxx.xx

21 Jul 2022, 11:26

Edited by Lastwolf