No longer able to save cart settings because a 404 page not found is being shown NOW a 403 Forbidden error

miakrazy

My original issues was that I was getting a 404 page not found error when I went to save anything in my Cubecart. After a week of not being able to fix the issues I called my hosting company and told them to completely wipe out my site. I was away for over a year and there were many updates, etc. I thought that once I went back in and installed CubeCart the errors would go away.

NOW I am getting this error.

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

All I am trying to do is save store setting. I have not even been able to start building my cart over. 

I am just about ready to give up any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I really want to keep CubeCart because I have been using it for several years without any issues. Once I opened my store back up I am having nothing but trouble. 

A 403 Forbidden error is being generated by the web server. As such, there may be a web server module that is implementing severe security restrictions.

Severe security restrictions could include rules that scan the POST payload (web page form submissions) and reject the POST if anything in the payload matches a 'deny' pattern. The hosting company might be able to find the POST submission and the rule that triggered the denial -- with the solution being creating an exception for your account.