Please help, need to eliminate all Google Fonts in Template

MostlyConfused

Hello,

sadly, there is a local "lawyer" who is sending warnings about "unlawful use of personal data" left and right and is asking 190 Euros for each of them.

He says upon startup of the site, the visitor's IP is sent to Google USA (technically true) and this is unlawful under EU law. It's total bull, but here we are.

In my own websites, I host Google fonts locally, but CC seems to include direct links to Google servers in multiple files.

Sadly, my client with the CC shop got such a notice.

Is there an "easy" way to remove all of them and have the locally hosted fonts addressed via a single CSS-file?

It's been a while since I installed CC once and I can't remember how or where I defined the fonts.
But I am, pretty sure, I did not write them into so many files.

I am sure I am forgetting or missing something?

Thanks for any help, I would hate to have to hack every single file.

Cheers

There really are some pieces of work in this world. I'd ignore him but review the privacy policy and stores operation.

As far as I can see a default store with Foundation skin won't load any Google URL's until the cookies have been accepted.

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/blob/v6.4-master/skins/foundation/templates/element.google_analytics.php 

Just wrap the condition in line 1 around the scripts.

I just checked the Foundation template and it has direct references to Google fonts in only two files, element_css.php and print_receipt.php
Mine (which is based on another one from this site) has it in 14 files.

It seems I really have to go through all of them then.

btw., I also removed Google Analytics from the site and the shop (that as very easy). It's only a matter of time, until such a thing happens again and now we are "Google-free".

@Al Brookbanks, is there a single CSS-file that is loaded on absolutely every page of the shop (no matter the template), where I can put the local paths to my fonts and then simply delete all the other occurences?

Thank you!

It's not the cookies, it's the IP that is sent to Google, when the fonts are loaded.
This multiply occurring line: 

<link href="//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,700" rel="stylesheet" type='text/css'>

Nobody is doing anything bad in reality.
But the notices are - at the moment - lawful here. There are dozens of reports to the bar council already.
There is no definitve ruling right now, that "sending an EU IP to the USA" is unlawful. But also not the contrary.

This dude is an a-hole, sorry. But we have to deal with him, like it or not.
There is even an official notice about that  from the Austrian Chamber of Commerce (you can translate it):
https://www.wko.at/service/wirtschaftsrecht-gewerberecht/abmahnungen-wegen-google-fonts.html

So again, is there by design a single file or place, where I can include my own definitions where the fonts are and delete all other references.

Sidenote: There is a very small chance, that somebody picks up a fight with this guy and for some reason the ruling is in his favour. You never know.
But this very moment, using CC as is would de facto be illegal in the EU.

UPDATE:
I put the links to my own fonts into shop/skin/skinname/custom.css and deleted every other reference. In developer tools, I can find no more pages that access Google servers. Seems to have done the trick.

2nd UPDATE:
The solution was not ideal, custom.css gets loaded relatively late, the shop was displayed in sans serif first and a second later switched to Montserrat.
I moved the font definitions to "normalize.css" which gets loaded first and the correct font is displayed immediately.

Edited by MostlyConfused