admin stay logged in

Claudia

I had the code changed for this in earlier versions of CC but now i am using CC647 and PHP 8.1

I am the only one that uses my computer and I am in admin for some reason or other a lot.  With this new version I am constantly being logged out.  Any way to stay logged in?

Thanks

Would you also be logging in and out of the storefront?

I have found that CubeCart uses the same cookie for the storefront and admin backend.

Meaning, if working in the admin, and then also having logged in using a test customer account -- using the same browser, then logging out of the customer account, CubeCart destroys the cookie. Thus, you find that you are also logged out of admin.

For a second observation, when I switched my server environment from Win2003 to Linux, I was getting logged out of admin frequently. It took me a few days to realize that I was getting logged out very close to five minutes and 35 minutes after the hour, every hour.

Eventually, I learned that installing PHP on the Linux box also created a system event to be executed at these times to clear out all PHP sessions. I stopped the system from doing that.

In the file /classes/session.class.php, there is a variable $_session_timeout having the value of 604800 (seven days).

When in admin, use your browser's Developer Tools to examine the cookie CubeCart gave you. That cookie will have an expiration date that should be for seven days. (Note: every time you ask for a page from CubeCart, the cookie's expiration date should get reset for another full seven days.)