PHP Error Upgrading 6.1 to 6.4

flash760

I got the following error when upgrading: PHP 7.0.33 detected. CubeCart requires PHP 7.1 or higher.

In looking at my cPanel, I find that the current version of PHP is 7.4.30. Now all I can see is a blank screen with "PHP 7.0.33 detected. CubeCart requires PHP 7.1 or higher." at the top. No matter what I do, I cannot get back to the admin of my site.

Before attempting the upgrade (6.1 to 6.4) I did a complete backup of the store and the database.

To get back your store, first find where the backup of the codebase is located. The backup may also contain the database contents, depending how you made the backup.

You said you did a complete backup. Was this through CubeCart's backup feature (which made a ZIP file)? Or did you manually FTP transfer down to a local computer all the files that comprised your site?

Depending how you made the backup:

1. You will use any utility you have available on the Control Panel (CPanel?) to unzip the backup over-writing the CubeCart 6.4.x codebase.

2. Or you will simply FTP all the files you downloaded back up to your site.

It seems like CubeCart 6.4.x quit (the correct term is 'died') before any work was done on the database. So, there will be no need to restore anything concerning the database.

Or, you could insist to your host that your site has PHP 7.0 as there is the PHP Info output to prove it.

Edited by bsmither

So, the backup, when downloaded and unzipped, has all the folders but they are all empty. I looked at the databased and it looks OK. I can install CC 6.4.7 via Softaculous. If I do this installation, can I just import the database and be back to where I was before I tried to update from within CC?

If you install CC647 via Softaculous, you will be in the same position you were earlier -- still running PHP 7.0 -- where CC647 requires PHP 7.1+.

An empty backup file (other than the database contents)???

You can download CC645, unzip, and FTP the contents to your site. CC645 is the latest version that *should* still run under PHP7.0.

https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/57773-cubecart-645-released/

And hopefully, all of your product image files are still on your site. The backup would not have deleted those.

Once you get CC645 uploaded to your site, run the setup.

Edited by bsmither