Change order of shipping / set default?

MostlyConfused

Hi,

the shop I made offers different shipping options.
The first one by default is "pick up in store", but for some products it can also be delivery.

It often happens for some reason, that customers who want delivery just miss the selection and end up ordering store collection without shipping cost.

So delivery (if available) should be the default selected option like I illustrated in the screenshot.

It has been a while since I made this shop and I am not up to speed with the inner workings anymore. I looked through the content.checkout templates and all of the settings in Admin.
Specifically in AIOS, I can change the order of options, but on checkout they are still in the same order.

So, my question actually is, how do I set the marked option as default instead of Store collection?
Thank you!

pur_shipping.png

That's going to be very tricky. The order of the shipping module  might be able to be brute-forced into a custom order (why are there two Liefer- und Zustelloptionen?), and AIOS allows for a custom order of the Zones.

However, CubeCart then sorts each module's package of rates by price.

Then also allows the 'default' to be one of three conditions: Cheapest, Cheapest>0, Costliest.

So, no built-in way to specifically target a rate from amongst all the module's rate packages.

Fortunately, there are hooks that could be used to re-scan all the packages, looking for the one 'master default' targeted rate -- provided that somehow the module's admin settings screens be modified to have a radio button to indicate this 'master default'.

Why are there two Liefer- und Zustelloptionen?

49 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Why are there two Liefer- und Zustelloptionen?

First of all thanks,
I have no idea, this must have happened because of all the hacking we did.

Other than that, would it be easier to have "Please Select" as the first option, so you MUST select something?
When I click on the greyed out "-- Bitte auswählen--", it jumps right back to the default.

Another "Please Select" above everything else would work just as well I guess.

Edit: This first option could maybe even be harcoded into the template?

Edited by MostlyConfused