Adding product to cart comes up empty

BaronVonScuba

Hello,

I just upgraded to the latest and i was hoping it would fix an issue that has bumboozled me.

depending on what browser is used (and that seems MOST browsers BUT it is working fine in FireFox)  when you try to add somethiing to the shopping cart it responds with trying to add it BUT the shopping cart remains empty AND the page reloads all wonky 

I think it is an SSL issue as the site for some reason does NOT want to remail in https BUT in FireFox it does ????

https://antiquana.com/cucashop

help please  

Please let us know what specific product, if anything specific, when added to the basket, causes this anomaly.

Please let us know which, specifically, other browsers and their versions show this anomaly.

On those other browsers, be sure to allow cookies.

I also see that you are using SemperFi's Custom Foundation 5 skin. Please let us know, if possible, what version of CubeCart you first started using it. There may be updates, based on changes to the stock Foundation skin since that version, that should be applied to the SFWS skin.

Edited by bsmither

there are no more updates to the skin as the developer seems no more.

adding any product in ANY browser (except FireFox & Falkon) seems to cause this anomaly at least on this machine ... also NO problems on my ipad or Android devices... so i am really at a loss here

ALL my browsers are set to allow cookies and all are the latest versions:

Vivaldi, Opera, Chromium, LibreWolf,  SlimJet, Google Chrome, MS Edge

All of them cause this 

I can say that on my Win7 laptop, Internet Explorer 11 properly adds items to the basket, and properly displays the results in the basket fade-in/out window.

(I thought I had Chrome, but I must have removed it at some point in the past.)

Let's use the browser's Developer Tools. The Tools are usually activated by F12. There will be a Network tab to see what is requested and what is returned.

Have that ready to view when you click the Add to Basket button.

Add a product to the basket (I added from the Latest Products on the Homepage). On the Network tab of the Developer Tools, highlight the /cucashop/?_g=ajaxadd POST line. Examine the details of the request and response.

The request will be something like:
quantity=1&add=156&token=#hashcode#

The response will start with:
<div id="mini-basket">

The response is actually the contents of the skin template: box.basket.php.

As an experiment, in admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, Skin Settings section, "Allow users to change front-end skin?", select Yes (Logged in admins only). Also, on the Features tab, Mailing List section, "Enable exit modal newsletter signup", make that unchecked -- assuming that the SFWS skin isn't doing this on its own. Save the changed settings and have CubeCart clear its internal cache.

Then, as a logged in admin, you should see at the bottom of the screen a means to select the standard Foundation skin. (Non-admins will not be able to switch to any other skin.)

Please determine if the anomaly still appears using the standard Foundation skin.

Edited by bsmither

ok... first off- thank you for that and my apologies for the delay in replying but it has been a very busy week and no time for me to deal with this.

Anyhow... so i did do as you suggested and it is doing the same thing so obviously then it is not a skin issue , am I correct ?

thanks again for your patience with me and if you have any other ideas i am all ears 

cheers Rudi

... what is totally bizarre is that the store worked fine for 3 years and all of a sudden this ???!!! i dont understand what changed as i did not change a thing !!!

did browser updates prompt this ... right accross the board ????

this is ... well i dont know what to call it 

So this is an update ...

colour me whatever BUT all of a sudden as fast and crazy these problems occured they are GONE !!! ... dont ask ... I have NO clue 

I did NOTHING other than research and trying to find a solution without success !!! then got busy and could not worry about it for a few days only to go back and try again to make an order and NO PROBLEMS !!!! 

so to all of you who gave their input and advice, I say many thanks and have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year...

I sometimes want to take computers and throw them against the wall, knowing fully well it wont solve anything .... 🙂 but gosh ... sometimes it would be sooooooo satisfying  🙂 

cheers all,

Rudi