New customer sign in wont' receive greeting email

AeroLogistica

So my shop sends emails when a customer requests a new password yet it won't send a customer an email when he creates an account. As I mentioned, emails work, even the contact form, we receive the emails. I was looking at admin -> email contents & templates and don't see an "user: Greeting email, should one be created, if so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

AJ

As of CC514, the programmers removed that feature.

A number of users have disagreed with that decision.

If I recall correctly, Semper Fi Web Services had a New Customer Welcome Email plugin. Sadly, SFWS has disappeared and his plugins had to be removed from the CubeCart Marketplace.

There is no direct way to create additional Email Templates.

I sort of understood the ideology behind the developers at the moment. They said, ok, we can skip the welcoming email if every time someone signs in, is taken directly to his account. Most websites will make you confirm to avoid bots (spam), and then re-direct you to dashboard (your account). They were just being lazy or leaving the door open for developers to make a few bucks by selling the feature, but it cannot even be bought.

• 2 months later...