Store Migration

Frank Auffret

Hi 

I have a store that is several years old with upgrades from Cubecart 3 The latest upgrade requires php7 so I'm migrating to a newer server. There's a problem importing the sql backup from the current store get error message "Incorrect format parameter"

I would really like to start again by uploading a clean version of the latest Cubecart 6.4.7 

Please could somebody who's been through the process let me know which files directories and tables would I need to upload after installation to keep the essential data like products, customers, admins etc.

This gives the essential steps:

https://support.cubecart.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360003794258-How-do-I-upgrade-from-CubeCart-v3-to-v6-

You will be keeping certain files in certain folders: images, custom language files, etc.

The CC6 upgrade process will see that the database is at CC3 and will change its structure - keeping all data intact.

2 hours ago, bsmither said:

This gives the essential steps:

https://support.cubecart.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360003794258-How-do-I-upgrade-from-CubeCart-v3-to-v6-

You will be keeping certain files in certain folders: images, custom language files, etc.

The CC6 upgrade process will see that the database is at CC3 and will change its structure - keeping all data intact.

Sorry I may have confused you

The store is at 6.4.2 it's been upgaded at just about every update since V3. The server doesn't run php7 so I need a new server to continue updating.

I think there may be a lot of residual code causing errors to the database or it's just too large to migrate to the new server. 

I was thinking of uploading a clean install of 6.4.7 then adding the essential folders and data so that orders, customers, products etc are maintained.

From Stack Overflow:

If the SQL Dump file is too big, you also need to adjust the execution time variables.

First, ../php/php.ini

upload_max_filesize=128M
post_max_size=128M
max_execution_time=1000

Then, ../phpMyAdmin\libraries\config.default.php

$cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] = 1000;

The variables can be chosen differently of course. Maybe the execution time has to be even higher. And the size depends on your filesize.

But, if you don't have access to the guts of the new server, you can try to dump each table individually (using phpMyAdmin).

On 11/30/2022 at 11:40 PM, bsmither said:

From Stack Overflow:

If the SQL Dump file is too big, you also need to adjust the execution time variables.

First, ../php/php.ini

upload_max_filesize=128M
post_max_size=128M
max_execution_time=1000

Then, ../phpMyAdmin\libraries\config.default.php

$cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] = 1000;

The variables can be chosen differently of course. Maybe the execution time has to be even higher. And the size depends on your filesize.

But, if you don't have access to the guts of the new server, you can try to dump each table individually (using phpMyAdmin).

Thank you I did manage to import some of the tables individually. Some were very large and timed out. Would it be safe to just delete the data from tables like CubeCart_cookie_consent , CubeCart_search and CubeCart_sessions