Issues with Categories Linking Incorrectly after Upgrade to 6.4.8/6.4.9

traylor23

Hello All,

I have replicated this issue twice. The first time, I thought it was something I did, but now that I've gone through the upgrade process again, I can confirm that it was the upgrade process that broke something.

Here is what is happening. When I click on my main categories, some of them are either broken links, or link to other categories. Even though the URLs are correct in Admin, and in the address bar, what is being returned is either a page not found, or a different page altogether. This is not throwing any errors in the error log, that I can see, but there is a database error, and it is as follows:

ballcard_ccrt01.CubeCart_extension_info 10 InnoDB utf8_unicode_ci 32 kB -

CubeCart_extension_info.seller_id has a key type KEY but expecting key.

What could have caused this? How can it be fixed (short of reverting to 6.4.7)?  Thank you all in advance.

Matt
Ballcardz.com (the problem can be experienced by clicking the first four links in Shop by Category, but is not exclusive to those links.

Added the 3 lines to classes/catalogue.class.php, resaved all my categories, cleared cache, and it did not resolve the problem that I am having. 
The good news is that I do have a direct fix in just restoring 6.4.7, and it completely fixes the issue for me. Thanks for the timely response. Hoping that I can figure this out. I'm going to stop messing with it, for now, and see what other info can be gleaned from what I've shared.

4 minutes ago, traylor23 said:

Added the 3 lines to classes/catalogue.class.php, resaved all my categories, cleared cache, and it did not resolve the problem that I am having. 
The good news is that I do have a direct fix in just restoring 6.4.7, and it completely fixes the issue for me. Thanks for the timely response. Hoping that I can figure this out. I'm going to stop messing with it, for now, and see what other info can be gleaned from what I've shared.

Ok...so, I just disabled the "Hide out of stock products," and it reverted back to working properly. So, this is the issue. It doesn't answer the database error that has popped up, which is still there, but it is a temporary fix for the links being broken. I usually delete all out of stock items promptly, so it's not too big of an issue, but would be nice to work properly.

Apologies. I fixed this in a support customers store but failed to add the correct fix to GitHub. 

I've added another patch to that issue now. There's been a fresh install issue too so we may have to have a new release next week. @bsmither You've reported a lot of issues over the last few days. I'll go over them all but if there are any important ones you think I should prioritise please do let me know. 

The database message is caused by a misspelled word (lettercase, actually).

In the administration file /sources/maintenance.index.inc.php, near lines 715-718:

Find:

'cubecart_extension_info' => array(
            'file_id' => 'PRIMARY',
            'seller_id' => 'key'
        ),

Change to:

'cubecart_extension_info' => array(
            'file_id' => 'PRIMARY',
            'seller_id' => 'KEY'
        ),

On 1/11/2023 at 5:35 PM, traylor23 said:

Ok...so, I just disabled the "Hide out of stock products," and it reverted back to working properly. So, this is the issue. It doesn't answer the database error that has popped up, which is still there, but it is a temporary fix for the links being broken. I usually delete all out of stock items promptly, so it's not too big of an issue, but would be nice to work properly.

Hi, same problem here, nothing works but after I did what you did:

Disable the "Hide out of stock products," and it reverted back to working properly. So, this is the issue. It doesn't answer the database error that has popped up, which is still there, but it is a temporary fix for the links being broken. I usually delete all out of stock items promptly, so it's not too big of an issue, but would be nice to work properly.

The shop is working normal now, thankyou