Restore To Current Version

slic535

As I follow the code, a comparison is made between the latest version available from CubeCart Corp. versus what you have installed.

If there is a newer version available, there will be an Upgrade button that will have CubeCart replace all of itself with the latest version available.

Otherwise, if the versions are the same (that is, if the installed version is already the latest version), or if CubeCart cannot determine if a newer version exists, there will be a Restore button to have CubeCart replace all of itself with the latest version available.

In the case of an installation already at the latest version, a "Restore Current Version" is useful if, somehow, the code base has become so thoroughly modified that there is no hope of successfully removing some or all of those customizations. A clean code base is what will be installed.

(The term "Restore" is less than ideal, in my opinion. I prefer "Force Repair to Latest Version".)

Edited by bsmither

There are files that are not part of an installation package: other skins (than "Foundation"), any modules, other languages (than en-GB), and files found in /images/cache/, /images/source/, and the /cache/ directories.

The above will not be overwritten.

Nor will the database be changed - if this restoration was not an upgrade to a newer version.

So, the store having all of its imagery, modules, custom skins, etc, and the database having references to all of that -- after a restore, the store will look exactly like it did before. However, any customizations made to the core code that might affect what the store looks like, will be gone.

Edited by bsmither