"The verification code was incorrect"

Robin Somes

Site: piscesconservation.com/cube

CC 6.4.9/All In One Shipping 1.0.24/Facebook 1.0.1/PayPal Commerce Platform 1.7.8/PayPal standard payment gateway 1.0.8 (disabled)/Product Addons 1.0.14/SagePay 1.0.12
Default skin
Google reCaptcha v2 (Invisible - recommended)

I've had a customer report an error in trying to make a purchase of a physical item on our site. The customer is using a card registered to his US home address, but is currently in the UK and wishes the item to be sent to a UK address.

He adds the item to his cart, then clicks to go through to checkout. He enters his home and delivery addresses, and clicks Update Basket. At that point he gets the following error, and can't proceed any further:

The following errors were detected:
The verification code was incorrect. Please try again.

I have tried myself, several times, with a variety of US and/or UK addresses, and I am seeing exactly the same problem. From reading old reports here, I assume it might be connected to Google reCaptcha. We've not had any other orders, or complaints about problems, for about 3 weeks, but prior to that it was all working normally.

Any clues?

Robin

... while looking at the Request Log in the site admin, there does not appear to be any log entries for a reCaptcha attempt in the last 48 hours. Previous attempts have been logged, i.e.

Request Sent (cURL) - https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify?secret={REDACTED}&response={REDACTED}secret={REDACTED}&response={REDACTED}&remoteip={REDACTED}
Response received (200 - OK){ "success": true, "challenge_ts": "2023-02-17T23:20:31Z", "hostname": "piscesconservation.com" }