Is CC 6.4.10 compatible on php 8.2?

KirkM

I have been updating my own data systems to be compatible with php 8.2 and also moving my clients sites that aren't using CC (non-eCommerce clients) to 8.2.

I have my CC stores at 6.4.7 and tested one with php 8.2 and it had some significant issues that made it a no-go.  I will be updating stores to 6.4.10 shortly and wanted to know if this latest version is php 8.2 compatible.

3 hours ago, Janet Parker said:

It's best to consult the official documentation or contact the support team of the eCommerce platform you are using, as they would be able to provide specific information about compatibility with PHP 8.2.

I guess I wasn't too clear.  I develop and host data management systems primarily but also have a few clients who are doing eCommerce using CubeCart on my server.  I am finishing up re-coding and testing my systems with php 8.2 and will be switching the last data systems domains to 8.2 shortly.  All of my other clients are moved to php 8.2 already.  My CubeCart sites will be the only 8.1 users on my server.  I would like to move them to 8.2 so I can remove all other php versions.

However, according to the official release notes of CubeCart 6.4.10, there is no mention of compatibility with PHP 8.2. Therefore, it's possible that CubeCart 6.4.10 may not be fully compatible with PHP 8.2, and some issues may still occur.

Yes, that is why I posted in the CubeCart forum to see if someone like Brian had any additional info.  It would be nice if php version compatibility was part of the documentation of each CC version update.

It's recommended to test the upgrade on a staging or development environment before performing the upgrade on a production site. Additionally, it's always best to ensure that your site and its components are fully compatible before making any upgrades to avoid any issues or downtime. 

I tested 6.4.7 and know that doesn't work so before I go to the trouble of doing a bunch of testing on 6.4.10, I wanted to post here to see if anyone like Brian knew if it would work or not.  Mostly if they already knew it wouldn't work so I wouldn't waste a bunch of time testing something that was already known to not work.

I have been evaluating CC6411 as it currently exists (pre-release state) running on PHP 8.2. I have run through almost all features and functions of CC6411.

I have taken the opportunity to post issues on the Github to deal with the many instances of PHP (as of 8.0) issuing warnings about unknown array keys and unknown variables, as well as other pieces of code that could be optimized.

I have not actually run CC6410 under PHP 8.2, but given that I have carefully analyzed the current differences between CC6410-release and CC6411-pre-release, I can be confident that CC6410 will run without crashing on PHP 8.2.

Thanks Brian.  I would guess you already found this issue that was present in CC6.4.7 on PHP 8.2: Customer login technically works but just sits on the login page after submit so the user doesn't think they are logged in.  Probably old news to you.

So many little things that have been made much more strict on PHP 8.2 it is making me crazy doing testing / rewriting on my own systems.  No more loosey-goosey coding and running functions like trim (and others) on foreach loops where there may not be data in some iterations.  Lots of other things too. 

I tell you the #[\AllowDynamicProperties] trick is saving me right now because I can run 8.2 while I rewrite hundreds of class scripts to conform.  I realize how lazy my OO coding has been over the years and am paying for it now.

Tighter requirements make us tighter coders, I guess...

26 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Please remind me if there is a conversation about this.

No, it's just one of the things I saw when I tested 6.4.7 with PHP 8.2. so I just mentioned it in case it hadn't been discovered in your testing.