Lack Of Options For Referrals and Coupons

Walt B

I want to do something very simple, very basic: I want to assign referral codes to new users and to set the discount level for those codes; I want to issue reward coupons to users when those referral codes get used.

The closest I can seem to come with the existing software is to create, by hand, a use-once Promo Code for every new user, then manually determine when rewards are earned. That only gets me halfway there, though, because I see no way to create a generic, use-once gift card or coupon for a specific user.

If anyone knows of other work-arounds I haven't thought of, please let me know. If anyone is aware of an extension that gets me closer to what I'm trying to do, please let me know.

Other than that, I would ask the developers to please make this part of the software more robust, either in the core product or through an extension, free or paid, just as long as we can gain these capabilities.

Thank you.

My silver-bullet suggestion is to provide the above capabilities, including assigning a referral code to new users automatically and including it in their welcome email. I would be able to set up triggers to earn rewards, and those rewards would be automatically generated when earned, with a "You've earned a reward!" emails sent to the user.

I think this would make an excellent paid extension, don't you?