Installing Microsoft Ads Conversion Tracking

naturalsigns

I know Cubecart has good analytics and conversion tracking for Google, but I was wondering if anyone uses Microsoft advertising ? (shows ads on  Bing, AOL, and Yahoo etc).

I have been using ads for a while but not the conversion tracking.  The code I have been given is below ('#######' is my tracking ID).

<script>
    (function(w,d,t,r,u)
    {
        var f,n,i;
        w[u]=w[u]||[],f=function()
        {
            var o={ti:"########", enableAutoSpaTracking: true};
            o.q=w[u],w[u]=new UET(o),w[u].push("pageLoad")
        },
        n=d.createElement(t),n.src=r,n.async=1,n.onload=n.onreadystatechange=function()
        {
            var s=this.readyState;
            s&&s!=="loaded"&&s!=="complete"||(f(),n.onload=n.onreadystatechange=null)
        },
        i=d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0],i.parentNode.insertBefore(n,i)
    })
    (window,document,"script","//bat.bing.com/bat.js","uetq");
</script>

It states to add this to every page of the website, for which I know there is a smart way of doing it .... but alas I'm on here asking for guidance (using the foundation skin).

Thanks, Rob  

Fore reference Universal Event Tracking [UET] background can be seen here https://help.ads.microsoft.com/#apex/ads/en/help:app51201/1/en-US/#ext:vnext_uettag 

Comparing the script shown above with the script used by GA, it seems the two are very similar.

As such, adopting the GA plugin to create a new Microsoft Analytics (MSA) plugin should be straightforward. (Renaming a few things, and swapping out the javascript, essentially.)

If you need help with the code changes, we can work through it.

Hi,

It is our pleasure to see your problem and now I would like to suggest you here some related information As you have asked ..........................

Yes, you can definitely use Microsoft Advertising (formerly known as Bing Ads) for your online advertising campaigns, and they also provide conversion tracking capabilities to track your ad performance and optimize your campaigns.

Regarding the code you provided, you can add it to the header section of your website so that it loads on every page. Here's how you can do it using the Foundation skin in CubeCart:

Click on "Design" from the left-hand menu and select "Foundation Skin".
Scroll down to the "Head Content" section and click on the "Edit" button.
Paste the code you provided at the bottom of the "Head Content" box.
Click on the "Save" button to save the changes.
Once you have added the code to your website, Microsoft Advertising will start tracking the performance of your ads, including clicks, conversions, and other key metrics. You can then use this data to optimize your campaigns and improve your ROI. 

Hope so this information will be useful for you . CheckMyRota App

Edited by garten210

Thanks Brian,

On 4/6/2023 at 10:13 PM, bsmither said:

Comparing the script shown above with the script used by GA, it seems the two are very similar.

As such, adopting the GA plugin to create a new Microsoft Analytics (MSA) plugin should be straightforward. (Renaming a few things, and swapping out the javascript, essentially.)

If you need help with the code changes, we can work through it.

I did attempt this by downloading the extension https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/google-adwords-tracker and then tweaking names, but i got in a bit of a mess as there seems to be a lot of variables in the GA module  (class.gui.javascripts.php was the final straw), as a non-coder I had zero confidence i could get it to work. 

So i'm ashamed to say i have now abandoned that and will look to paste into one of the template files (or easier still abandon MS ads and move to google🙂).

Thanks again for your suggestion, its appreciated!