storefront not displaying

peterp

Hi All,

When the storefront button is clicked in he admin screen a blank screen is displayed, I tested also just the storefront outside of the admin screen and got the same result.

Has anybody else experienced this the site was working correctly previously and no changes have been done.

Hope somebody can help

Best Regards,

Peterp

There are 4342 messages in the system error log. I'm very suspicious of this because our hosting company has just recently transferred us to another server and ever since the site has not worked properly, also there seems to be programs in the site that I have never seen before in cubecart. Originally when the hosting company said that the site had been transferred it didn't display anything so I complained and they said that it had been fixed.

Do you think I should be talking to the hosting company.

Hope you can help

Best Regards

Peterp

Hi Brian,

I have attached a screenshot of the latest errors

The programs that to me are very suspicious are:

bzwnhkbski.php 

Folder   .sucuriquarantine  _wildcard_.champcoclothing.com.au,  biennvenidosloadsanta

1.2b923407.chunk.css, estilito.css, main.27735bb0.chunk.css

This a very small list of some of the folders and programs I don't recognise and I starting to think that it may have been hacked

error log champcoclothing.com.au.pdf

Yeah, you have some work ahead of you.

The snapshot of the System Error Log has harmless 'Deprecated' messages. But this pic shows only one specific point in time. We need to find a message that could have been logged at the time you tried accessing the homepage.

But first, make sure the file index.php has no differences to a stock file that you can compare at:

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/blob/v6.4.10/index.php

This: sucuriquarantine, seems to be your web security program - sucuri.net. Sucuri says, "During our cleanup, a 'quarantine' folder is created and that is where all infected files are kept. They are encrypted and will not harm your site in any way."

This: _wildcard_.champcoclothing.com.au, might be legit, depending if it contains any data regarding SSL certificates.

This: bzwnhkbski.php, would be interested to know what this file contains (do not post the whole file!).

Edited by bsmither

Hi Brian,

I have run through the error log and can only find the [Deprecated] error. I have checked the index.php file and the differences are:

MY copy                                                                                                        GITHUB Copy

header('X-Frame-Options:  SAME_ORIGIN');                                              header('X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN');

$GLOBALS['smarty']->display('templates/'.$global_template_file);        $GLOBALS['gui']->display('templates/'.$global_template_file);

Due you agree with me that there are files here that should not be there

Best Regards,

Peterp

Your copy of index.php seems to be of a version earlier than CC6410. But I recognize that your version is correct for those earlier versions.

It is only the bzwnhkbski.php file and biennvenidosloadsanta folder that needs investigating. (The others you mentioned above, I added more insights to my earlier post. You will need to reload this forum page to see them.)

Hi Brian,

The file bzwnhkbski.php is empty however the biennvenidosloadsanta folder have some programs in it which there seems to be references to the bank of 'Santa Fe' this is very worrying and I'm thinking that we might just remove the folder has it has nothing to do with this site. However is this likely to be causing the our home page not to display. I have attached a couple of images and also some code of one of the programs in the biennvenidosloadsanta folder

background_sf.0be6f222.d793e2acaff6a8ee.jpg

sub.png

champco strange.docx

If there is no obvious log entry (other than Deprecated) in System Error Log, then we should try to look at PHP's error_log file.

https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/51550-how-to-create-the-error-log/

Also, in admin, Manage Hooks, Code Snippets tab, examine the list of snippets to determine if any seem unfamiliar to you - especially if any are missing a description.

Please save the docx to a pdf if possible.

Most of these error messages were generated while in admin. One specific error that needs correcting is this:

Admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, "Default RSS URL for Admin Dashboard", should be:
https://forums.cubecart.com/forum/1-news-announcements.xml

Another edit to make is:

/public_html/classes/seo.class.php on line 592
Remove the 'e' modifier
See:
https://github.com/cubecart/v6/commit/b54b241d2445d927c24682feb35aa7375e01c1a7
but disregard that the line numbers are different.

Neither of these edits should fix the problem.

Please state the exact version of CubeCart that is experiencing the problem of no storefront being shown.

The change made to the store setting regarding the "Default RSS URL for Admin Dashboard" is needed, but there is another edit to make:

In the admin folder /sources/dashboard.index.inc.php, lines 270-273:

$request->cache(true);
    $request->skiplog(true);
    $request->setMethod('post');
    $request->setData('Null');

To:
    $request->setSSL();
    $request->cache(true);
    $request->skiplog(true);
    $request->setMethod('get');
    $request->setData('Null');

This is because the source of the data this request is making has changed how it is accessed between CC6012 and now.

I installed CC6012 under PHP 7.4.3 and other than many messages of things being deprecated, nothing crashed.

To confirm, there are no code snippets that look suspicious?

Hi Brian,

Did your suggested edits and checked for any unusual hooks or code changes. One thing I have just noticed is that when this site was first started then changes were made to allow for the Australian ABN code be entered during store setup this seems to have disappeared which has lead me to wonder whether Go Daddy during their transfer process has transferred  wrong programs somehow.

Best Regards,

Peterp

A CubeCart upgrade is a "whole-cloth" replacement of the core code and the Foundation skin. Whatever is in the database stays (more or less) untouched.

The thing is, the exact cause of the problem is not known.

If there is a polluted file, the upgrade will replace it.

If there are foreign files, they will remain, but since it is unknown how these files might be interfering, there is no answer as to whether they will continue to interfere - if they do exist.

CC6.5.1 will certainly work better with PHP 7.4 as opposed to CC6.0.12 -- if that's the fatal issue. There hasn't been any error log entry found to explain the situation.

Is it possible that the hosting environment, now at PHP 7.4, was at a version of PHP older than PHP 7.4 - perhaps 7.1 - when CubeCart last produced a storefront page?

What extensions are installed and enabled?

Hi Brian,

You won't believe this, but I have just received a call from Go Daddy and they have informed me that the server this site has been transferred to is not suitable for any eCommerce application. They have also suggested that we move it to another server which is better suited and to use a different eCommerce application (woo commerce was suggested). They also commented that cubecart was not necessary a good eCommerce application which I disagreed with, they are going to send me a outline as to what we should do with this site however it is a complete mess at their end and they want to rebuild it how much anybodies guess and I don't know why I should pay for something which isn't our fault (watch this space). We might consider transferring this site to a different hosting company which I think might e on the cards.

Anyway thanks enormously for you help but it's not cubecart

Best Regards,

Peterp

• 3 weeks later...