Order and basket mismatch - Prevents stop-and-pay-later mechanism

Robi

Hi All,

Bit of a noob to the forms.

I've been searching the forums for help on this particular issue and can't really find any. I'm guessing that I'm either doing something wrong or no-one has picked up on the issue yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've got cubecart running as follows:

1. Customer shops and creates a basket
  2. When ready, customer is presented with the "Print order form" option.
  3. Customer clicks on print order form. The order is now visible to the administrator in the admin section as status pending.
  4. The administrator reviews the order. There isn't enough stock of a particular item on the order. After liaising with the customer, a suitable substitute is added to the order. The order status in "Pending" state.
  5. The admin updates the shipping charges since the order has changed.
  6. The admin advises the customer their order changes are done.
  7. The customer logs in and goes to "Order History". When they view the  order, the updated order is there. They are presented with a "Make Payment" option.
  8. The customer clicks on the "Make Payment" option. He's taken to the "Checkout" process.
  9. The original basket is shown with the old order details and not the updated order.

At this stage I'm thinking that basket should at least reflect the updated order contents. Not sure if this is a bug.

If anyone knows of a plugin that could do the following, that would be amazing. Many of the European sites that we deal with work this way.

The desired scenario:

1. Customer shops and creates a basket.
  2. When ready, customer is presented with the "Place Order" button. No payment gateway options are presented.
  3. Customer clicks on "Place Order" button. The order is now visible to the administrator in the admin section as status pending.
  4. When the customer reviews his order under "Order History", he can only view the order but not conclude any payments.
  5. The administrator reviews the order. There isn't enough stock of a particular item for the order. After liaising with the customer, a suitable substitute is added to the order. The order status in "Pending" state.
  6. The admin updates the shipping charges since the order has changed.
  7. The admin changes the status of the order to "Awaiting Payment" - (or equivalent)
  8. The admin advises the customer their order changes are done.
  9. The customer logs in and goes to "Order History". When they view the  order, the updated order is there. They are presented with a "Make Payment" button.
  10. The customer clicks on the "Make Payment" button. He's taken to the "Checkout" process. The updated order is displayed and they can select their payment options I.e.: Credit card, EFT, PayPal, etc.
CubeCart Version: 6.5.1
PHP Version: 8.1.16
MySQL Version: 8.0.26

It's hosted with a service provider so changing PHP and My SQL or not an option for me at this stage.

The current scenario is as follows:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The "Make Payment" feature is not yet perfect. It's being worked on.

The confusion, if I have this right, is that the customer is still logged in, and/or has stuff in their shopping basket already (saved to the database).

If the customer, having logged in, finds themselves with stuff already in their shopping basket, the basket must be emptied, then when the customer clicks Make Payment, the checkout cart contents should show the updated inventory and other particulars.