Constructive Criticism Appreciated Here!

Guest jronca

Well... my first question after looking at the store would be....

What are you selling?

It's not clear from the URL (my donkey punch).

It's not clear from the categories.

It's not clear from the introduction

And it's not even clear from the actual listed product...

Booker: That's a fair comment. Working on the products now. It's a funny t-shirt site. I'll make the products graphic a more representative of that. Thanks for the feedback!

billmc: I tried to change it to white, but unfortunately, it changed all the text so that the text over the white backgroud was then unreadable. Is there a way to just change the text in table bars? Thanks for the suggestion.

--One other thing I would like to do is make the site fixed width. What is the easiest/best way to do this?

Thanks again for the help.

Look forward to your responses and additional suggestions.

--Jay

Guest twisted

Change color of table header text color...

Open settings.inc.php, and at or around line 193, find:

<td height=\"27\" background=\"images/tbg.gif\" align=\"center\"><b>$title</b></td>

and change it to:

<td height=\"27\" background=\"images/tbg.gif\" align=\"center\"><b><font color=\"#FFFFFF\">$title</font></b></td>

Fixed width store...

Open header.inc.php. 

At or arond line 62, find:

<form action ="search.php" method="post">

<table width='100%' height='100%' align='center' border='0' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0'>

and change it to:

<div align="center">

<form action ="search.php" method="post">

<table width='800' height='100%' align='center' border='0' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0'>

Twisted... "You da man!!"

Changes applied and it looks great!

Still need to do some tweaks, and get the products uploaded, but it is definitely looking a lot better.

Two more quick questions:

--In http://www.mydonkeypunch.com/login.php, how do I change the "Please login below:" text to white?

--In http://www.mydonkeypunch.com/sale_cat.php, where do I modify the color settings for this table?? And text to white in the header as well?

Thanks again for all the help!

--Jay

The color settings for that table are set up in your admin control panel. Open up the settings folder on the left side navigation bar, and select style. The colors are all set up at the top of that page.

For the text colors, I think you'll have to do these ones manually. The easiest way (as far as I know) would be to add the font color in the admin/lang/English.inc.php file.

Open up that file, and replace around lines 37 to 40:

$la_store_image = "Image";

$la_store_title = "Title";

$la_store_description = "Description";

$la_store_price = "Price";

with:

$la_store_image = "<font color=\"#FFFFFF\">Image</font>";

$la_store_title = "<font color=\"#FFFFFF\">Title</font>";

$la_store_description = "<font color=\"#FFFFFF\">Description</font>";

$la_store_price = "<font color=\"#FFFFFF\">Price</font>";

Scroll down to around line 94:

$la_account_login_below = "<b>Please login below:</b>";

and change it to:

$la_account_login_below = "<font color=\"#FFFFFF\"><b>Please login below:</b></font>";

Guest twisted

One thing.....

as the background behind the text "Please login below" is very light, I think changing that text color to white would make it very hard to read, almost invisible.

Also, have you noticed that when you go to login.php or register.php, the page content is wider?

This is because those pages hardcode the table width to a fixed width, rather than a percentage.

I would suggest edit these 2 files, and changing the table width to either "480" or "100%".

However, as the wider table is also expanding the header, this is not a big issue and is not making the page look awry, so you may wish to just leave it alone.

Guest jronca

Booker: Thanks. That worked great! Any idea about how to change the table background to white in http://www.mydonkeypunch.com/sale_cat.php & http://www.mydonkeypunch.com/index.php?cat_id=4?

Twisted: Once again, great observation. I've made the adjustments, however, it seems that the country list on the registration page is causing the frame to enlarge. Where can I edit the entry "South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands" so it wouldn't make the field so wide?

Gents, your help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

--Jay

Not sure what you mean for the table background. What I posted above should alllow you to change the background color to whatever you need.

As for your country drop-down list being too large...

Open up your admin/settings.inc.php file and find around line 235:

echo"<select name=$name>";

Change this to:

echo"<select name=$name style=\"width: 200px;\">";

I've used 200 pixels for the drop-down box width here, but you can adjust it to whatever you need to fit your space.