Who's got the best Cube Cart site?

Guest benjam

I have had a quick browse through the featured sites, but I want to know if there are any amazing ones out there. Using Cube Cart as the base shopping facility of course.

Who thinks they have made the most out of a combination of;

1. The mods and extensions

2. Design technique and implemetation

Show me your sites as examples please......

I'm not going to enter the contest since I'm not complete with mine - but if I had to choose two:

1. Majority of Twisted's site (just pick one - they're all slick!).

2. mixcdcentral (http://www.mixcdcentral.com/)-nice layout / design.

Those are my top two.

-TheCommish

(my work in progress is: Click Here - NOT LIVE!

Guest OskMedia

its not bad BUT i dont like those thumbnails, maybe resize them in adobe so they look neat GD always has probles doing high pixled stuf, -----------Josh

Guest benjam

very nice iceman2,

just voted for it on ur site. Maybe the bottom part needs some work where the big gap is. the whole thing is nicely designed and put together, not too much clatter and the right amount of information.

How did you get the prices and 'buy now' to appear on the landing page instead of categories to choose?

How did you also get the 'related items' page set up and is this easy to integrate and update?

Guest twisted

what mod did you use for that?

That would be the "tabbed dialog" mod from...goober, I believe.

Somewhat modified though to include the customer reviews mod and some custom graphics.

what mod did you use for that?

That would be the "tabbed dialog" mod from...goober, I believe.

Somewhat modified though to include the customer reviews mod and some custom graphics.

?

What mod are you guys talking about?

Guest benjam

I asked the following questions presuming that you used a number of mods:

How did you get the prices and 'buy now' to appear on the landing page instead of categories to choose?

How did you also get the 'related items' page set up and is this easy to integrate and update?

Also, how did you change the product description so as you can view spec and then description and then customer comments. Thats what makes ur site really good in my opinion.

I added extra textarea so I could input product description. Then I made few changes to my view product page so that I could switch between descriptions.

Guest benjam

Some nice sites guys, I didn't intend on making it an entry competition! I just like to see the creative ideas that people have. I am in the process of setting mine up, will let you guys know when im on my way.

The first sale will be donated to the booker cause!!! :D

Guest benjam

nice store!

I like the 'help center live' software you added, it makes it really personal. It looks quite good and gives customers a sense of security.

Do you find this bogs down the server like a chat room would?

Only I was thinking of getting a help system like this but im not sure my hosting company allows any online chat. Can you disable online chat using the 'help center live' software and use it's ticket system instead?

Do you find this bogs down the server like a chat room would?

Only I was thinking of getting a help system like this but im not sure my hosting company allows any online chat. Can you disable online chat using the 'help center live' software and use it's ticket system instead?

The help centre is kept on a different server than the site it is on, i use the same chat on all my websites, i manually have to go to the control centre and turn it to live for it to show online, when it is offline, it resorts to a ticket system.

Uses very little resources.

The advantage of this system, is i am not getting loads of emails every day with silly questions or spam etc, they have to manually do some work to contact me so i only seem to get feedback from clients who are either genuinly interested or have a problem.

Plus it keeps the email spiders off my back, reducing my spam emails considerably.

The system i use is from helpcentrelive.com or available via cpanel fantstico installation.