"I want it yesterday!"

Guest twisted

Guest twisted

Why does everybody [at least everybody that comes to me] leave design considerations until last?

And why does everybody leave it until, like, the day before they want or had planned to go live with their site?

Its like...changing the design is an afterthought.

Geez....if you want me to design a site for you from scratch, its going to take at least 2 days....and thats from the time I start it. If i'm busy, it'll be a number of days more before I can even get to it.

And "Can you do a design for my site for me? How much will it cost?" doesn't give me much to work with.

What sort of look are you looking for? What color shceme do you want? What will you be selling? Do you have any mods installed? Do you want ME to install some mods? et al ...

Give me info...Give me time!

Thanks.........i'm done.

;)

Guest jbdancer

Agree ANd i gonna add this : if someone orders a mod | you agree about the price. I start writing and when its done you don't want it anymore yeez like i don't have anything else to do

;)

i always ask for atleast 50% down payment to get start development of a custom mod.. it helps alot.. then i know i am atleast getting that much..

Tony~!

That's a good policy, saztar. I'm running a small publishing business, and we generally make contracts for writers and artists where we put at least 20% payment up front for new contacts. They have no idea of our track record, so why would they want to write or paint and then hope to get payment when they are done? I know a lot of companies pay a partial up-front fee, then another fee when they have proof that the writing (or whatever) is at least half-way complete, and another fee upon delivery.

Twisted - if you don't do that already, I'd advise you do. A 50% up front fee to start work on a project should be acceptable if they plan on paying for it in the end.

Guest twisted

I've only actually ever had one that said can you? can you? and then said , oh...we've changed our mind...but that wasn't so bad coz I hadn't actually started on it yet. LOL

And I get payment up front before I start on their design proper. The mock up is all they get free. ;) And not one person has had a problem with that.

Its the leaving it until the last minute and then expecting me to do it in one day and get started on it immediately.

saztar i'm like yourself I often require a down payment. I've actually had a few people request mods then decide they not want it anymore.

What I think people need to be aware of is the time that goes into creating a mod or a design from scratch. Add those who do create mods or templates do have other jobs. At least I do.

Guest twisted

i don't [unless being a house-husband counts].

And i STILL don't have enough time to do it all!

Iceman...does your image upload mod only handle images? Or can it be used for other files as well [like zips]?

yeah between working on personal project i have been working on... mods.. and supporting work i have done... plus trying to get a few other ideas on paper and in the development stages.. i find it hard to work in all these custom mod requests... going to suck once v3 comes out and everyone wants ANYONE that has time to mod things for it.. i am thinking about hiring some programmers to help me with a few of my major projects.. so any programmers looking for work.. contact me ;)

Tony~!