Admin Bug In CC3 Alpha

Guest rhyan

Guest rhyan

I have registered at http://bugs.cubecart.com but I can't find any way to actually report a bug. Anywho.. onto the bug...

I've signed into my admin control, but when I click General Settings or any link in my admin I get "Error 401: You do not have permission to access that page. Please ask one of the super users to grant this for you."

At the top it reads " Logged in as: [ Logout | Change Password ] "

Where before the error it would read " Logged in as: username [ Logout | Change Password ] "

:rolly:

Make sure Register Globals is Set Off

It should work On but there must be a clashing variable.

Register Globals Off Method 1:

Put a .htaccess file in the root directory of the store. On a windows compuer make a text file called htaccess.txt with the content below.

php_value register_globals 0

Upload it to your server and then rename it .htaccess

I'll add this to the bugs.

Register Globals Off Method 2:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....indpost&p=33589

Guest Borisgoodenough

Ummm, my ISP doesn't like that idea -- it changes my .htaccess file to read thusly:

# File modified on Thu Mar 31 09:46:19 2005 by server

# For security reasons, mod_php is not used on this server. Use a php.ini file for php directives

# php_value register_globals 0

And a php.ini file doesn't do the same thing... :rolly:

Other ideas?

Guest Borisgoodenough

Sorry, still no go --still getting Error 401 message after I put in line:

ini_set(register_globals, 0);

Guest rhyan

Sorry, still no go --still getting Error 401 message  after I put in line:

ini_set(register_globals, 0);

Is that semicolon supposed to be there?

Try it without.

tried both ways and still no permissions?

i get java script alert in bottom bar of screen when i hover over link and then when i click on link i get you do not have permissionj box pop up

helppppppppppppppppppppppp ppppppppllllllllllllllllllllllssssssssss

Guest Borisgoodenough

Or

ini_set("register_globals", "off");

That didn't work for me, either.

But I'm more than willing to wait for the fix -- you dud warn that the Alpha would be buggy!

For your own sanity, I hope you get the bug reporting working -- otherwise every bug is going to end up as a new thread here...

When I first login I see all admin options available, but when I click one I get the 401 error and every option except: Admin Home, Store Home, Server Info and Admin Sessions are greyed out. Installing the .htacess mod makes no difference for me.

Guest marinist

When I first login I see all admin options available, but when I click one I get the 401 error and every option except: Admin Home, Store Home, Server Info and Admin Sessions are greyed out. Installing the .htacess mod makes no difference for me.

Same problem here

Guest jbdancer

My register globals or on , no problems with this.

New problem: Users can't create accounts.

What do they get ?

Ahhh that method 2 messed up my admin panel completely and I cant get rid of this error now Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/********/public_html/cubecart3/includes/global.inc.php:66) in /home/********/public_html/cubecart3/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/********/public_html/cubecart3/includes/global.inc.php:66) in /home/********/public_html/cubecart3/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 32

but you did say it would be buggy so it doesnt really bother me it has loads of bugs.

All these problems are down to Register Globals being on...

I feel like an idiot because most of CC2's problems come from it not working with Register gobals off and the new one doesn't work with it on...

I think we need arelease between alpha and beta....

Should have starded it in Ceta!??!?! :rolly: