CC3 Install

Hi All

I can't get the auto install to get past step 4 - It's asking for includes/global.inc.php to be set at 0644, which it is.

I've tried installing manually and I can get the front end up and running but i'm struggling with the admin. IE can't find it and FF tells me "Redirection limit for this URL exceeded"

Any ideas?

Thanx for help

I couldn't get it to work so I've done a scratch install to a different dir and tried the auto install and got exactly the same problem - "The config file could not be written" and will not get past step 4 even though permissions are 644 and green

I'm going to try and do a scratch manual install and see if i can get it to work then

will let you know

Thanx for help

I couldn't get it to work so I've done a scratch install to a different dir and tried the auto install and got exactly the same problem - "The config file could not be written" and will not get past step 4 even though permissions are 644 and green

I'm going to try and do a scratch manual install and see if i can get it to work then

will let you know

Is it a windows server?

Hi Brooky

Nah it's a unix dedicated server from donhost

I tried again last night to do a scratch manual install and I can get database installed, the front end up and running and working, but no matter what I do with the paths or settings, I cannot get the admin to work at all

curious :)

I know cubecart does work on this server because when we were initially looking at shopping carts, one of the earlier versions of cubecart was one we tested.

UPDATE:

Managed to get the admin login screen to show now, with the message "No administration session was found.", but I'm gussing this is because I've done a manual install. Logged in using the default u: and p:, but then I just get a blank screen with "www.myserver.co.uk/store/admin/index.php?" in url

I also installed it on a different server with a different dir structure (my own personal, which is shared), and getting the same problems.

Maybe I've got the paths wrong, but then I'm using the exact same paths as i do for other scripts/cart

Sorted it B)

Thanx all

don't know what i was doing wrong, but I thought I'd try again and used exactly the same paths / settings etc and it worked this time

Probably usererror...... :)