The Digital Book Booth

Well, after 6 months of modding, debugging, modding, debugging, et al., I've finally gone live with my version of cubecart.

http://www.dbookbooth.com/

I'm just sorry that I cannot show you everything that was done with this cart. There are mods and slight changes done to the front store, but the main changes are all hidden features and/or admin features.

I've set up this shop to be a multi-vendor store, so that other people who have products can sell them through my store. They add all the details themselves, upload their files to my server, determine how they receive payments, create coupons for only their own products, etc. As the super admin, I oversee everything with my own control panel, including approving or rejecting any of the products my vendors upload, before they hit the store front. I've even automated the process to let me know when a new product is available from a specific vendor. And I can pay my vendor's with the click of a button when their earnings surpase a pre-determined amount.

I encourage you to take a look at the shop, but it is a LIVE SHOP, so any orders placed will be processed. Also, signing up for an account will automatically create an account on our support forums as well... so please don't play around too much :)

(and now, I have to totally redo my store so it can run on CC3 B) )

Guest twisted

It appears that your main content area and footer goes full width but the header and new products box don't.

I don't know if this was intentional, but it makes it look like you have alignment problems.

Your new releases module is underneath the l & r columns, again making it look like table layout problems, and results in a huge blank space under the center content. Wouldn't it be better to include the new releases module in the center under the "hto picks" box?

All your boxes and modules have a black header where the title goes, and the box conetent is on a grey background....except the hot pics box which is on a black background. I think it would look better to also have the grey background.

I also think the minority group of users who are still using 800 x 600 resolution, are not going to be able to view the entire site without sideways scrolling.

Hmmm.....on the index page anyway.

On catalog_view, the header goes full width, and the page can be squeezed to 800 wide ok.

I've set up this shop to be a multi-vendor store, so that other people who have products can sell them through my store.

I had to hunt to find a link to that. Perhaps a more prominent "Vendor login/signup/info" link somehwere up the top of the page?

Apart from that...I like the site....I like a lot of the functions you have added to the storefront, and the admin area sounds wonderfully feature rich. :)

Drat. I see now that I have Explorer problems on my main page :wacko:

All of the problems you mention above do not appear in firefox/mozilla. I'll take a look at my index page again to see where the problem lies that is causing Explorer to have a hissy fit...

Apparently, the hot picks box was missing an end ">" on one of my <TR's... causing the table to be black, the header to not extend to the right, and the new releases to drop below the entire shop...

But it's all fixed now (I hope) :wacko:

I'm glad you brought that up, Twisted.

I also think the minority group of users who are still using 800 x 600 resolution, are not going to be able to view the entire site without sideways scrolling.

Hmmm.....on the index page anyway.

On catalog_view, the header goes full width, and the page can be squeezed to 800 wide ok.

I've set up this shop to be a multi-vendor store, so that other people who have products can sell them through my store.

I had to hunt to find a link to that. Perhaps a more prominent "Vendor login/signup/info" link somehwere up the top of the page?

Obviously, I designed the site in mozilla...

I was just running some comparisons, and the site just squeezes into an 800 x 600 screen in mozilla, but it is maybe 20 to 25 pixels wide (on some screens) in IE...

I think I will settle with that for now though. I don't expect my customer base will have too many 800 x 600 display settings. Time will tell though (that is one of the things I'm keeping track of with the site stats mod I use :wacko: ).

For the vendor signup form - you may be right. But I can't find a space to add it anywhere else at the moment. Also, I'm sending out invitation emails to prospective vendors, so there won't be much searching involved for a little while at least. Will see what happens though - if I get emails about it, I'll have to find a remedy.

It looks really professional. Probably one of the most professional looking ones I have seen.

I have been curious about the site you make all these mods for, and now i know :wacko:

Keep up the good work!

Chris

Guest rickbradford

Yeah, it looks really nice, booker. I like how you've eliminated the boxes-on-the-left-and-right look while still keeping them and you somehow manage to pull off something I'm usually not too crazy about -- those square tabs on the index boxes.

Nice work.

--Rb

Guest twisted

But I can't find a space to add it anywhere else at the moment.

How bout up top in the nav bar, where you have Items on Sale | View your Cart etc?

Thanks for the compliments everyone! It's really appreciated.

Twisted - adding a link up top would be ideal, but when viewed in 800 x 600, that row would become 2 rows, and the links would look all out of wack. Unless I shorten some names up a bit... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Feldon

I encourage you to take a look at the shop, but it is a LIVE SHOP, so any orders placed will be processed. Also, signing up for an account will automatically create an account on our support forums as well... so please don't play around too much :D

What do you mean ?

So when somebody register it will be also added to your phpBB forums ?

How do you do that ?

It's a 2 different DB.

Yep - iceman has a mod that will allow you to add a customer's registration to both your shop database and the forums database. (Note that you may need to adjust the mod slightly, based on the way you have set up your forum's groups.)

but when viewed in 800 x 600,

Sir?

Are you aware that it won't FIT in 800x600?

Its about 50 pixels too wide.

;)

I blame Internet Explorer for that... It fits perfectly on my lovely Mozilla ;)

In IE, it would appear that some of the additional tables I added on the front page are not resizing properly. Something else I'm going to have to take a look at :D

Greate page booker, verry profesional. :)

The "width-problem" (if it is a problem) is in the head.

There is two tabels there with width=650

(before and after <!-- start banner insert -->)

if you change them to 100% it will fit also in I.E

Good luck with your store.

omt

Tried that as well, OMT.. didn't do anything noticable as far as I could tell.

But, I did manage to dig into my code, change things around a bit, and come out on top :P I was left with a screen 6 pixels to wide when I finished :) That was a header problem though - my logo and header image were 6 pixels too wide to fit into explorer. It would seem that the explorer border and scroll bar is a bit larger (say, 6 pixels larger) than what mozilla uses...

But everything is sorted out now :D

yea ..... there is a litle difrence, dont know how much (Mozilla / IE)

when i read about your "problem" (i would not call it a problem cause there is not many wich still use 800x600), ..... i just took it in to a wysiwyg (to save time) and cutted the header off ..... and the rest fited ......

Well, glad you found out of it ........

And i still think it is a greate site, and i especially like blackwhite style ......

looks verry pro (as it is) and you dont get tired of fancy flashing bright colors .....

yea ..... it is a greate site .....

omt