Fix for ADMIN 401 bug

Guest Borisgoodenough

Guest Borisgoodenough

Like a number of other folks, the fairly simple .ht access and ini_set fixes didn't work for me. Brooky had suggested that changing $_SESSION['ccAdmin'] to $_SESSION['adminUser'] would resolve the conflict -- which it does.

The change needs to be made to the following files:

\admin\login.php

\admin\logout.php (2 places)

\admin\adminusers\changePass.php

\admin\includes\auth.inc.php (3 places)

\admin\includes\footer.inc.php

\admin\includes\header.inc.php (2 places)

WARNING (as noted by Brooky): DO NOT CHANGE the $ccAdmin array, which is also foud in some of these same files.

Can now access all the Admin setting files.

Probably this is not the right place to post, but....

Now that I'm into the admin proper, I get a message like:

Could not open file of '/home/.sites/28/site1/web/cc3/includes/global.inc.php' for writing. Try changing the CHMOD value to 0777. Remember to set it back to 0644 afterwards!

when trying to edit (in this instance Taxes), chmod the file to 777 and all works but what is this about? Just moving on to configuring shipping and get a similar one:

Could not open file of '/home/.sites/28/site1/web/cc3/modules/shipping/Flat_Rate/config.inc.php' for writing. Try changing the CHMOD value to 0777. Remember to set it back to 0644 afterwards!

chmod to 777 and again it works and get:

Configuration Updated. Please make sure the file permission have been set back correctly

This is great for security, but Brooky is this going to be the way for all time?

...of course I am still just editing the sort of stuff that you'd only set once for a site, so maybe I should go play more and see how it works!

However, I love cc3!!!!!!!

Guest Borisgoodenough

worked fine for me, although I have lost the navigation menu on the edit homepage

Ditto. My hunch is that this has nothing to do with the other Admin 401 bug. I'm getting the same result, and I think it's a separate issue with the way the RTE loads when you call it up to edit the home page info, which is stored in a .php file. The RTE loads and works fine when you load it from the link to work with the other site documents, which are contained in the SQL database.

I have added this fix to my tutorial on how to install CubeCart3 so hopefully theyre shouldnt be any problems anymore about the 401 bug :wacko:

Guest OD-UNICRON

Like a number of other folks, the fairly simple .ht access and ini_set fixes didn't work for me. Brooky had suggested that changing $_SESSION['ccAdmin'] to $_SESSION['adminUser'] would resolve the conflict -- which it does.

The change needs to be made to the following files:

\admin\login.php

\admin\logout.php (2 places)

\admin\adminusers\changePass.php

\admin\includes\auth.inc.php (3 places)

\admin\includes\footer.inc.php

WARNING (as noted by Brooky): DO NOT CHANGE the $ccAdmin array, which is also foud in some of these same files.

Can now access all the Admin setting files.

wow this really helped alot, but I'm concern on file

you said there 2 places than needed to change or replace,

I only found one place, at line 48

Did I miss something or did you miss typed?

The number of instances is slightly incorrect... some more, some less... just run a find & replace and you should be right.

Guest Borisgoodenough

Unicron, I've checked and couldn't find the supposed second location in that file, either. So if it's working OK, I wouldn't worry about it.

Guest OD-UNICRON
Unicron, I've checked and couldn't find the supposed second location in that file, either. So if it's working OK, I wouldn't worry about it.
thanks buddy, it worked fine ;)