CC3 Template (Work In Progress)

Guest lee.callender@ntlworld.com

Hi Everyone,

Just started work on a new template for CC3 last night, still loads to do but getting there, might get some more done on it tonight :wacko:

The template side of CC3 is pretty straight forward for anyone who knows a little bit about .tpl and .css files, I don't know that much to tell you the truth, myself ;)

Please view under IE as it looks crap in firefox at the minute!!

www.thechipshop.info/cc3

Let me know what you think, yuo might have some better ideas than me?

Brooky:

I hope the way the template files work stays the same, for the final release. :D

CubeCart 3 uses more advanced CSS & XHTML which is better.

Better...............if you know it.

I'm in trouble........

Same here, never had any intention on learning about CSS.... not much choice now eh? ;)

Looks great! There will be loads in the future I'm sure. That one helps prove how easy it is to customise and just how far you can push it!!

I was so totally impressed and scared off by the whole new cc3 that I was going to stay away from it like a bad toothacke....

Now that I have seen what you can do and how easy it really is I'm gonna go and play around with it ;)

This post really helped me giving it a closer look, thank you.

Mobie

Good, you wont regret having a play Mobie. ;)

To all thinking about learning .css, then don't worry it is easy stuff once you get to grips with it. I hadn't played with it until last week, no i figure i can do alittle :D

We should see loads of different looking sites with CC3, which can only be a good thing ;)

CubeCart 3 uses more advanced CSS & XHTML which is better.

Better...............if you know it.

I'm in trouble........

If you can play around with PHP you certainly can play with CSS.

It is not that I don't know how CSS works and am starting to understand PHP better every day now however I had tried out OSC and Zen but left it right after the install cuz I didn't like the whole 'skinning' part and configuration of it. With the release of CC3 and hearing a lot about the feature "skins' I thought it was going to be like OSC and ZEN.

I am very glad it is still CC tho! ;) :D

I'm learning too... :)

Once cracked though theres no turning back. It may be a learning curve for us all but it is something which will lead to superior stores and better skilled people. :P

Key advantages are:

1. Lower Bandwidth for Stores

2. Pages Load Faster and Neater (CSS renders faster than the use of tables)

3. We all become pros :D and CC3 become the best solution in the world.

4. Backward compatibility.

5. Improved text to speach compatibility which is becoming a legal requirement in many countries...

See its worth the learning curve... It's about changing with the times. :)

See its worth the learning curve... It's about changing with the times. :)

Change?? Why change??

"Why change it, we have been doing it this way for years" as an old boss always used to say..... Man if only he would have known he could do so much beter..... I guess thats one reason why he is no longer in business LOL

Mobie

See its worth the learning curve... It's about changing with the times. :cry:

Change?? Why change??

"Why change it, we have been doing it this way for years" as an old boss always used to say..... Man if only he would have known he could do so much beter..... I guess thats one reason why he is no longer in business LOL

Mobie

Exactly, if we dont change we wont be about for much longer too...

*cough* like what will happen to OSCommerce if they dont get their ass in gear and stick with the times! :cry: