Search Engine Indexing

Guest MarkB

Guest MarkB

Anyone that has comments regarding this post please reply. I have been looking at alot of the sites listed withing this forum, and the one thing I noticed is that most cubecart stores have no PageRank, not very good placement on search engines, and low to no pages withing the cart indexed by google.

If you have had sucess getting 10-100 pages indexed withing google, and/or achieved pagerank from google, please let me know. I have a client I would like to show cubecart to as a posible option, but this concerns me a little that I will put alot of work into something that search engines won't index.

Thanks in advance for you input!

Mark

I had my site indexed by google producing good results when some unique phrases were searched upon.

Just be patient as it takes a few months to get totally crawled and indexed.

Quickest route, get loads of links to your site!

unfortunately my ranking is back down to zero since I put my site on an SSL certificate :)

My site had a PR5 until recently when Google change their algorithm. Although my PR went from 5 to 0 my SERPS are stll good. Google PR is not the only consideration when it comes to which cart to use and Google is not the only SE in the universe. You should look at MSN and Yahoo as well as AltaVista and HotBot. As noted above it can take 6 to 8 months for a site to be fully indexed. I suggest you learn more about SEO before approaching a client.

PR is not Google's announcement to the world about the worthiness of a web site. With proper SEO, keyword relevancy, content and backlinks you could get a great PR from a Marvel comic book given time.

Here is an interesting Google-ism and an indication of just how srewed up Google is. Here is a link for you: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=everyfreegift

This will give you plenty of hits...on a website that doesn't even exist.

Actually wisdom has it that as far as Google is concerned:

-Google appears to be utilizing their toolbar to influence the rankings through cookies, bookmarks, history, cache, and temp files.

-The age of a document is an important factor. Google sandboxes brand new sites, reducing their positioning greatly.

-Frequent updates are important to maintaining a high ranking. This is why blogs rank so high in SERP’s

-Must be attractive to a user to click through and stay.

-The domain should be on a reputable server with a respectable name

-Steady growth of the site and maintaining the rate of expansion

-Obtaining quality, stable inbound links from high ranking websites. Never use a link farm

-Google’s huge datacenters track and analyze traffic, changes, and history of pages.

My SERPS have fallen flat, but PR has remained stable.(5)

And I know why.

Inbound links. Any relevant sites want to trade?

Google indexed the site fine originally, but it was slow. With a few rewrite tricks to remove the ? and = to clean up the urls, Google went to town and was pulling down about 3000 pages a month. The standard cart layout is pretty good. With the categories listed it acts much like a site map, so the spiders can dig in. Just remember the old rules. Links, links, links, links, links, links.

Guest MarkB

Thanks everyone for the input. I am familiar with all of the topics discussed above and backlinks (relevant) is ultimately what I strive for, I guess what I was trying to ask was about the indexing of the pages. I wasn't sure if the links with a session tag at the end would cause the search engines dead in their tracks and only get the first page or two indexed. If you look a alot of O S C sites, you will see, at least the ones that have been around for a while, 1000's of indexed pages and the links are rather short with no session string. Every product page, category page, document, etc. gets indexed eventually.......

I know it will take time, but again, I would like to see a site (Cubecart) that has alot of pages actually listed in google or yahoo, because these links help with positioning to.

Thanks again everyone.

my site was number 2 on google for along time ( Untill my wife said i wish to shutdown and redo the site :-( ) now i down thin we are listed anywhere on google. I have may a few posts here on how to get to the top of google. maybe when i can site longer i will post more info on getting to the first 3 pages of google.