Tutorials

Hello,

Does anyone know how to edit these templates for CC3? I have herd that it is extremely verstitile but I dont know what to do with .tpl files and I do not have too much expericance with CCS.

If you know how to do this please let me know :cry:

Regards,

Paul

Guest latina

hi!

I really wish in the new version of CCart, may be a design template solution,I want to use flash and html..

I am not interested in CSS because it´s static..I want to live up my store with a header flash menu nothing else..

I hope it can be a dream come true..

hi!

I really wish in the new version of CCart, may be a design template solution,I want to use flash and html..

I am not interested in CSS because it´s static..I want to live up my store with a header flash menu nothing else..

I hope it can be a dream come true..

I haven't really looked at the new CC3 but adding a flash header is at all NOT complicated at all..... All you need to do is move some stuff around and/or delete it if you don't need it.... Just look around in the .tpl files and other related files and you will figure it out soon enough :)

As for flash it self, dont ask me ;) Don't know at all how to make it, edit yes but no creation he he.

Mobie

Guest jack5619

Got to admit, thats about as usful as a hole in the head!

At least with OS-commerce the forum moderator's and experienced members are a little more helpful. :sourcerer:

Guest jbdancer

Uuuuuuuhm jack5619 , this is all new for us to so give us a little time to learn it.

And by the way if you think you can do better , be my guest :sourcerer:

Got to admit, thats about as usful as a hole in the head!

At least with OS-commerce the forum moderator's and experienced members are a little more helpful. :sourcerer:

Maybe you have not read my other post that I have not really dug around in CCv3, the little I did I HAD found out that it is not that hard to change the header. This part of a website is usually the most easiest part to change. All you need to know is a little ccs and html knowledge and the ability, or should I say 'not afraid', to change some stuff and make a few mistakes......

As of this moment everybody is playing around and learning the new structure of CCv3 and untill there is a final tutorial or at least something written on how to change your design I would sugest to do a search on the board and play around with CCv3.

As for your comment on OSC: Why don't you go back to that then if that is soooo wonderful? Read this post from akumanz: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....indpost&p=35833

and stop bashing and do some research before you start cracking down on something.

I don't mean to come over as being rude, this is just my 0.02......

Mobie

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MrBigBargin

Hmm............ I tried OS Commerce and several other PHP carts as well as a bunch of cgi carts and Cube cart was the one I went with because not only is it a LOT easier to work with but it's a much nicer design and a lot easier to configure to your own specs.

As for the support for OS Commerce....... I was a memebr of their forum for months and asked several questions that to this day have NOT been answered by anyone, be they mods, admins, or regular members.... My first question here was answered by a regular member very quickly and helped greatly.

I wont even get into all the problems I had trying to just set up OS Commerce..... Took me over four days just to get the install so it wasn't giving errors, then took me over a week just to figure out how to set up the thing once it was installed.

The main rerason I'm going with Cube Cart is because it's proven itself in less than a day to be much superior to OS Commerce in ease of use and ease of customizing.

Bottom line.......... I enmded up almost totally rewriting OS Commerces code just to try and get it to work.... If I wanted to do that I owuld have done it in the firts place.. I looked for a ready made shopping cart because I didn't want to create my own from scratch.... With OSC I didn't get that.

OK.. done ranting :D