Store goes Offline without setting it to Offline.

Guest rhyan

Guest rhyan

I upgraded to the latest CC3 Alpha 2.

Now when I visit my store, it's offline.

In global.inc.php the store is set to online.

$config['offLine'] = '0';

And in General Settings of the admin, it's set to;

"Turn store off? No"

My url in General Settings is set to http://www.thebrasschest.com/cc3/

When I visited http://thebrasschest.com/cc3/ without www in front, it sent me to the offline message. I visited http://www.thebrasschest.com/cc3/ afterwords and it worked. Now it doesn't work with either URL.

All of the Directories & Folders settings are correct. Trailing slashes are where they need to be.

:D

EDIT: This is a problem in Firefox... it loads fine in IE.

:P

This post has been edited by rhyan on Apr 15 2005, 12:56 PM

EDIT 2: Same problem in both IE and Firefox. Appears to only occur when logged into Admin UI

Edited by rhyan

As far as I can tell it appears to be a problem with Firefox browsers; as when I view my CC3 site in IE it works fine, though with Firefox it takes me to the offline page.

Cheers!

Guest marinist

Same problem here, my store is permanently offline even though 'turn store off' is set to 'no' in admin, I am trying to view using internet explorer, another install problem, my host 1&1 would not allow me to access my CubeCart folder whilst the .htaccess document was present, once this was removed I was straight in no problems.

I can view my store if 'Turn store off' is set to 'yes' and I enable the 'Allow administrators to view store off line? (Requires admin session)' function, as soon as previous settings are used store reverts back to offline,

(On the admin page the word administrators is missing the 'i' between the n and the s)

Guest rhyan

Just to add another turn to the plot, I came back this morning and tried it again with Firefox and its loaded fine! hmmm.

:P

mine works in firefox now as well...

this is really confusing

I am experiencing the same problem with both IE & Firefox. When an admin window is open in either, the store is offline for that browser! :sourcerer:

New:- If the admin session is terminated The problem Goes away, could be something to do with the option to view the store when offline, "requires admin session" as when this option is set to yes the problem seems to go away even though the store is still technically online, hope this helps :cry:

... :cry:

yes.. this happened to me too a minute ago... :sourcerer:

and as you said russellcampbell.. as soon as logged out from my admin the store comes back...

however.. if i log in to my admin part then again while logged in to admin the store will still be online but acting very strange...

it kind of flashes like a lightning... this can't be right... :D

and marinist...

I can view my store if 'Turn store off' is set to 'yes' and I enable the 'Allow administrators to view store off line

..in this case you will not be able to determine if the store is on or offline for the customer... ;)

Guest Emediate

having exact same problem with www.adultplanet.com.au also. Makes it frustrating when trying to set up the store and template mods etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest marinist

... :D

yes.. this happened to me too a minute ago... :P

and as you said russellcampbell.. as soon as logged out from my admin the store comes back...

however.. if i log in to my admin part then again while logged in to admin the store will still be online but acting very strange...

it kind of flashes like a lightning... this can't be right... :P

and marinist...

I can view my store if 'Turn store off' is set to 'yes' and I enable the 'Allow administrators to view store off line

..in this case you will not be able to determine if the store is on or offline for the customer... :P

Because of the settings in admin the store will be 'Offline' to customers, using these settings is at present the only way I can actually see what my store looks like! :o

This is a problem in cc3 at the moment but is being looked at and will be fixed for final release.The quick fix is to set is so admin users can view site offline in general settings.

It shouldnt matter if customers can see your site or not at the moment as warned on release of alpha cc3 this is not recommened to be used on live store as its still being ironed out and is full of security risks

Thanks Homer!

However if anyone would like to put a temporary fix in place you can do this.

Navigate to the session.inc.php file found in the main includes folder

Back up the file!

Find this code (it's right below the comments at the top)

if($config['offLine']==1 && !isset($_SESSION['ccAdmin']) || (isset($_SESSION['ccAdmin']) && $config['offLineAllowAdmin']==1) ) {

header("Location: offLine.php");

exit;

}

And removed it.

This will allow you to view the shop while making changes in the Admin Panel.

Warning: Do this at your own risk because removing this code will not allow you to turn your store off.

Annette

designer of http://www.moondragondesigns.com/shop

Guest robgo777

I am sure there is someone here who can charge you to help fix this problem, but let me give it a try for FREE...

No No No, don't remove any coding. This is all very simple indeed.

Just go to your admin -> General Settings and scroll to the bottom until you find this:

Allow adminstrators to view store off line? (Requires admin session)

Simply change this to "Yes" and all your problems will go away, I promise.

I however can't vouch for firefox as I am only using IE.

Rob

Guest S.G.

This topic should be stickied, IMO, I thought I did something wrong in the installation when the file redirected to OFFLINE page. It's a good thing I was able to find this thread, thanks for pointing this out! :innocent: