article descriptions / names

Guest wow1111

Guest besimtari

First you need to add a language pack for the language you wuold like to use on your site. To do that open the language folder and you will see a folder named "en" copy this folder under the name example "it" for italian language. Now open that folder you just have created from the copy of "en" and in side is a file named config.inc.php and replace the text:

<?php

$langName = "English";

$charsetIso = "iso-8859-1";

?>

with this one (for italian language)

<?php

$langName = "Italian";

$charsetIso = "iso-8859-1";

?>

Now open the file lang.inc.php and start translated to the language you like.

From the admin section make the new language as default.

Guest wow1111

thats not the point :) as customers can change language on homepage, i want the productnames / descriptions to change too. what do english customers with e.g. german product descriptions !? ;)

Guest besimtari

Just to let you know, you have to create a language pack for german to be able to add productnames/discriptions in german language

... :)

after the translation is done put that translated file lang.inc.php in a folder called de

..along with... ;)

* a small imagefile of the german flag (flag.gif - 19x13) ;)

* the config.inc.php file with the line in it changed to german instead of english B)

* and the home.inc.php :)

..once all that is done upload that folder to the language folder together with the en folder.. and there you have it... done...

..now you're able to change the descriptions to german through the language box on the frontside...

..not that hard if you think first.. ;)

Guest wow1111

so far so good.. thats what i did... but it only changes homepage and shop-details and not product content... i think i have to put productdetails in foreign language in some place ?!!? couldnt find yet where... ;)

... :)

..once you have added a product go to View Products

..there where the products are listed look to your right you see the link Language

..from there you're able to write product descriptions in your own prefered language...

... ;)

Guest wow1111

ahhhhhhhh ... :cry:

it only said... "No language variations for this product exist in the database."

but there is a small an tiny "add new" in the right top corner.... which i didnt see before.

:sourcerer: solved