chmod'ing files in v3

Guest ogun

Guest ogun

just installed the alpha to have a look at it (need to set up 4 online stores in the next month or two, so settling down for a lot of nights in ;) ) - when i change some of the settings in the admin panel, it asks me to muck around with the permissions on a file.

ideally, i want to hand the sites over to their respective owners with as little maintenance as possible - so i don't want them mucking around with ftp and file permissions.

finally the question,. :)

is this 'chmod global.inc.php' business always going to be a 'feature' - or is the data it contains going to end up in the DB when the product is out of alpha?

btw - :whistle: hearty congratulations and applause for using templates ;) scripts that mix function and presentation drive me crazy and i hate them passionately.

Guest ogun

i have another question, but maybe it is not worth another thread ;)

is it possible to have products of products using cubecart?

i have to make one site that sells individual products as well as collections of those products - so the sale of a collection would need to decrement the stock level of the individual products.

i would also like it if the availabilty of the collections could be determined by the stock level of the individual products, maybe with minimum values for each collection.

should not be the end of the world to do, but if the functionality already exists then i would be very happy about that :whistle:

not sure about your second post, but regarding the chmodding of files through installation/admin.

I have done a MOD for the version 2 installation which allows the chmodding to be done by the install. I am pretty sure this mod could be tidied up a lot and ported to version 3, but the version 3 install isn't finished at the moment as it is still not even in beta.

the user will still need to enter the domain ftp details including the password though, but it saves the hassle of loading an ftp client and modding the files from there.

Guest ogun

thank you sculptex :whistle:

i think i will wait for v3 proper to be released. then come back and modify that for my needs to put the global.inc in a table and arrange stock manipulation.

so far it is a very good script, excellent ;)