[Software Packages] CubeCart 3.0.0 Beta

File Name :: CubeCart 3.0.0 Beta

Author :: brooky

Category :: Software Packages

Description

Our thanks go to all those who have submitted bug reports who have helped get CubeCart 3 to the Beta release stage.

This is a vast improvement on the Alpha releases and is far more stable. We have also added a new skin which can be chosen during install or from the settings section in admin.

Enjoy and please keep bug reports coming to http://bugs.cubecart.com

View File

Ok... so trying to configure a successfully installed cart requires an almost permanent FTP connection to CHMOD the files as and when you configure an entire page. As it stands you submit the changes, get an error message a file needs to be 0777, to then be presented with the same page with all the defaults to go through again, then CHMOD the file back to 0644... Bit irksome, wouldn't you agree?

Simply copied the upload folder to my server, ran the install having previously created the MySQL database... no mention of changing any files/folders other than the globals.inc.php file... :(

Guest runos

CubeCart 3.0.0 Beta has a clean enough install. I am somewhat worried about the new size limits for displaying products and categories, seems a little restricted.

CubeCart 3.0.0 Beta is probably the most stable free shopping cart around.

Guest ogun

Ok... so trying to configure a successfully installed cart requires an almost permanent FTP connection to CHMOD the files as and when you configure an entire page.  As it stands you submit the changes, get an error message a file needs to be 0777, to then be presented with the same page with all the defaults to go through again, then CHMOD the file back to 0644... Bit irksome, wouldn't you agree?

i do not understand why these things need to be in a file instead of a database table. would the impact on the db be so severe?

CubeCart 3.0.0 Beta has a clean enough install. I am somewhat worried about the new size limits for displaying products and categories, seems a little restricted.

size limits - There are no size limits. What do you mean here eaxtly.

CubeCart 3 Beta certainly isn't one of the most stable carts around. The whole fact it is beta means its isn't ver stable.

Hopefully the final version released soon will be though.

OSCommerce as an example may be stable but it's ancient now.

We're getting there. :D

Am wondering if this will upgrade version 2.06 without any problems?

Or do we still have to wait for the working upgrade?

many thanks,

any chance of a ".gz"or ".tar" distribution?? My ISP can't unzip and I don't have shell access.

any chance of a patch upgrade which only replaces wat has changed? (too much work I know, just asking)

thanks for a great and improving product!

mark

Guest ogun

Debatable. Something I need to give some serious consideration.

i was preparing to go through the global.inc settings one by one and decide whether they should stay in the file or not, then put the rest into a table - but if you are thinking along such lines already then i do not have to. thank you :D

and thank you again for using templates. i haven't yet seen the reason for html delimiters, but it is so good not to have to risk the code every time i change the colour of a prettification.

Guest Need4Speed

Updating from CC3 Alpha-2 didn't work out great.. I replaced all files by the new ones with exception of global.inc.php.. Now I get:

MySQL Error Occured

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

QUERY = SELECT productId, image, price, name, sale_price FROM CubeCart_inventory WHERE `showFeatured` = 1 ORDER BY productId DESC LIMIT

What's the problem and where?

Guest Need4Speed

There was only 1 variable being 'gdGifSupport' but that wasn't the problem.. I think it has something to do with some changes in the database.. I only get the error on the homepage.. Viewing categories and the admin panel work fine.. Any other ideas?

I installed and al I get is this error on the page

Warning: Invalid content of \{\} in /home/directory/where/files/are/classes/xtpl.php on line 109

Guest Need4Speed

Looks like I'd missed few others.. Problem solved.. Maybe it's not a bad idea to include that info in the Alpha-2 to Beta update instruction file..

Guest twisted

many thanks,

any chance of a ".gz"or ".tar" distribution?? My ISP can't unzip and I don't have shell access.

any chance of a patch upgrade which only replaces wat has changed? (too much work I know, just asking)

thanks for a great and improving product!

mark

Don't unzip the zip file on your server.

Download the zip file to your own computer, unzip it, and THEN upload all the files to your server. no need for shell access or anything else.

Guest Need4Speed

http://bugs.cubecart.com/ gives a 404 so here are some bugs:

- I get the No Image Avable image on Featured Product for all product (even when they do have a picture).

- The products added after the update to beta don't seem to have a thumbnale. When viewing the list of products I get the No Image Avable image for those products evenknown they do have an image.

Any idea how to fix this right away?

Guest phonecrazy

I get the no image available for all products although I get a fatal error in gd.inc file... call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg.

Its the only thing that is putting me off paying a license as I like to know scripts work before paying...

Robert

i do not understand why these things need to be in a file instead of a database table. would the impact on the db be so severe?

Debatable. Something I need to give some serious consideration.

I would say give it considerable thought... chmodding files to alter settings frequently is utterly annoying in the extreme. While you may consider 3.0.0 Beta to be the best out there, it terms of ease of use, currently out of ten I'd award just one.

• 3 weeks later...

OSCommerce as an example may be stable but it's ancient now.

For me its a toss up between cube cart and Zen-cart.

Zen cart was top of the line until cubecart 3.0 came out.. now there is a little less functionality still, but the interfacing is better and much of those features that zen has and cube cart doesn't might soon be added anyway or didn't have much use.

After trying Cube2.7, and see the changes to Cube 3.0, this thing has come a long way!

Guest debwire

I'm also having a problem with 3.0 not displaying the image for the featured product. I didn't see an answer here to someone else who had the same issue. Any ideas?

Guest Need4Speed

QUOTE (runos @ May 18 2005, 08:40 AM)

That's funny.. really.

Debwire, "downgrade" back to 3 Alpha2. It has issues too but less than the beta version (doens't make much sence, I know). That's what I did to overcome the problem of thumbnails not being created and shown until the stable version comes out. Looking at the buglist and knowing that 1 man does the most of the work.. I think it might take a while.